Happy Ending

(Y/n)'s POV

A large smile spread across my face. We had finally arrived in Italy and it was clear from the expression on my face that nothing could ruin my time here. Reki mirrored my goofy grin, wishing to begin exploring.

"Hey guys," Andre greeted.
"You took forever. I was gonna die waiting."
"Come on, I'm on time. You're just early."
"Lead the way, Mr Tour Guide. Let's go."
"(Y/n), be nice to him. He's only been back a few days and he's offered to show us around," dad exclaimed.
"Nah sir, it's just friendly banter," Andre reassured.
"Where are we going first?" asked Yuu.
"Food," was Langa's reply.

Andre laughed and gestured for us to follow him. I slipped my hand through Langa's, intertwining our fingers as he offered a small smile. Andre was chatting with dad and trying to understand Reki's wild gestures whilst Yuu walked with mum.

Langa was then smiling at me like an idiot before I raised an eyebrow, asking an unspoken question. He moved closer, however possible that was, and spoke softly.

"I'm happy," was all he said.
"Well then, I'm happy that you're happy."
"Do you think Andre will take us to a skate park? I wonder what they're like in Italy."
"You could ask him. We-"
"Eh? (Y/n)? What a coincidence seeing you here."

I turned around to come face to face with a familiar muscular man. Joe grinned at me, two girls already on his arm. I ignored the jealous looks the girls were giving me despite the obvious fact that I already had a boyfriend and asked what Joe was doing here.

"I heard you were coming here. Kaoru told me. Thought it'd be a good chance to go on a holiday while surprising you," he replied.
"Where's Kaoru? He didn't come with you, did he?"
"You bet he did. He's chilling in some cafe right now, said he'd rather finish his work than go partying with girls."
"Well, I guess I'll let you hang out with all your girlfriends."
"Where are you guys going?"
"I don't know. Ask Andre. He's taking us to a restaurant."
"Let me join you."
"Aren't you busy?"

He shrugged, saying something to the girls before they pouted and left. Dad turned his head, having heard the commotion as Joe went to go talk to him. I felt Langa's gaze on me before I turned and his lips pressed lightly against mine. A blush immediately painted my cheeks a soft pink.

~Night time~

All of us kids were slowly walking through the vibrant, history-enriched streets as mum and dad had their dinner date. We had decided to leave the two alone, pretending to have some other important matter to attend to.

"Why aren't you and Langa going on a date? It's your first time in Rome, make it worth your time," exclaimed Andre.
"Dude, those two almost never do anything romantic when they're with friends. There's no point asking," said Yuu.
"Do you wanna go on a date?" Langa asked me.

I thought about it for a while before a small, cheeky grin spread across my face and I nodded. Langa smiled. Andre then pushed us on our way, telling us a few places we could dine or hang out.

"Eh? Where are you guys going?" Reki called.
"Come on, they're having a cheesy, kissy outing. Let's go play on our own," I heard Yuu say.

Langa intertwined our fingers, still smiling as we headed deeper into the streets, looking for a place to eat. I glanced at him, meeting his gaze. I offered a smile reserved for him, making his cheeks turn a slight pink.

"You know, if you wanted to go out on a date that badly, you only need to ask."
"Okay," he replied.
"Where do you wanna eat? I think Andre said there was a good restaurant down this way..."

I pulled Langa along, stopping occasionally to window shop. He was quiet the whole way there and it wasn't until we had reached the entrance that I turned to face him.

I placed my palm against his forehead, afraid that he might've fallen ill though his temperature seemed normal. He caught my hand, dragging me to an area away from so much light and chatter, near the side of the restaurant.

"Langa?"

He tilted my chin up and kissed me. I leaned in like it was second nature, wrapping my arms around his neck as he cupped my face. It was slow yet gentle as if he thought of me as a snowflake that'd disappear if he wasn't careful.

A smile spread across my face, breaking the kiss. It was a large, contagious smile. His arms came to circle around my waist. I leaned against his chest, feeling the rapid bumping of his heart. A giggle escaped my mouth, knowing that I could still make his heart beat like he was seeing his first crush.

"Langa, I love you."
"I love you too," he replied softly.
"Now come on, I'm starving."

We entered the restaurant, which seemed to be more on the expensive end. I questioned how wealthy Andre thought we were though the doubt disappeared when I remembered that once in a while, this wasn't so bad, especially if it was a date night with this tall, handsome boyfriend of mine.

There was an English speaker here, much to our relief. We were led to a table that gave us a view of the city streets. Once we had placed our orders, a content sigh left my lips. Langa was staring at me again.

"Come on, what do you need to tell me?"
"I have something to give you," he answered.
"Oh, what is it?"

He held out a small box. I opened it to find a delicate silver chain with a small (favourite gem) as a pendant.

"When did you buy this?" I asked as I took the necklace into my hands.
"A while ago. I wasn't sure when to give it to you," he said, a little shy.
"It's perfect. Thank you."

He then smiled a big grin. It made my heart skip a beat. That was when I heard a familiar voice.

"Hey, isn't that (Y/n) and Langa?" Reki asked.
"Sshh, didn't I tell you we were here to spy on them?" Yuu scolded.

I laughed. Of course they had to be curious. They were my family and I wouldn't trade them for anything in the world.