Chapter 122

(Y/n)'s POV

Tension rose in the air as mum continued to stare at him. She then fired off a range of questions, such as my favourite movie, favourite food and favourite singer. Surprisingly, he answered them all correctly.

"Alright, I can see you care for her. Don't hurt her. But also, I apologise to your mother in advance if she ends up doing something stupid," said mum.

Langa's hand found mine before I interlaced our fingers. Before any of us could utter another word however, dad came in, asking if anyone had seen a couple of documents lying around. Mum sighed and picked up a folder though dad was too busy scrutinising Langa.

"Are you dating my daughter?" he asked.
"How could you tell?" I asked back.
"A father will always know when his daughter gets stolen by another man."

I rolled my eyes, though a small smile crept onto my face. He came over to ruffle my hair and swung an arm around Langa's shoulders. I swatted his hand away and smoothed down the hair that he messed up.

"Don't break her heart. She's tough but a real crybaby on the inside," dad exclaimed.
"Ugh, can you stop saying such embarrassing things?"
"That's my job as a dad."

Mum told the two of us to sit down as dad left and placed a plate in front of the both of us. I was about to tell her that we had already had breakfast but Langa had begun digging into his marinated salmon before I got the chance to say anything.

I also began eating, seeing as how mum was watching the two of us like a hawk. Seemingly satisfied, she set up a spot for Yuu before taking her own breakfast to the living room, most likely to give us some privacy. Langa suddenly pushed half his breakfast towards me.

"I'm full," was all he said.
"You're what?"
"Full."
"Yeah, right. The Langa I know would be able to eat three breakfasts and for some reason, still remain skinny like you didn't just eat 10 tonnes of food."
"...eh?"

I giggled at his dumbfounded expression. It wasn't until I had finished my breakfast and started eating his that that expression melded into a goofy smile. My heart melted upon seeing such a content, carefree grin on his face.

He never hated me. Not even once I told him about my past. When I looked back to meet his gaze, I realised he had been staring at me the entire time I was eating and gazing into nothing.

"What?"
"*blush* Nothing," he replied.
"Spill."
"I just...you just have a very nice face to look at."
"What?" I replied with a laugh.
"What he means is that he thinks you're the prettiest girl he's ever seen even when you eat like a bloated seal," Yuu exclaimed whilst faking a gag.
"Did you just call me a seal?"
"(Y/n), you're pretty," Langa said, grabbing onto my hand before I could go chase my brother around the house.

A blush coated my cheeks. I brought the dishes to the sink, glad I could escape such an embarrassing situation. Mum seemed to come back just as we were heading up to my room, almost like she was psychic.

Langa grabbed my arm after I closed the door and pressed his lips against mine. I melted into the kiss, tangling my hands in his hair. His foot sudden knocked into something before the two of us fell on top of my bed.

I rolled off him and began giggling like I had just been given a bottle of fairy dust. Langa snaked an arm around my waist, snuggling his face against my neck. I relaxed in his embrace though it wasn't until a few minutes had gone past that I realised he was falling asleep.

Gently turning around to face him, I smiled when he hummed sleepily in response. My phone began ringing before he grumbled as I went to answer it. It was a call from Reki.

"Hey, what's up?"
"You free today? I was hoping we could go skate," he exclaimed.
"Yeah, sure. Let me just try to convince the sleepyhead to come."
"Langa? He's with you?"
"Yeah, has been since...anyway, that doesn't matter."
"Dude, something's up and you're gonna tell me everything."

~Some time later~

The large, cheeky grin on Reki's face caused a blush to form on my cheeks as I prepared for his embarrassing outburst. He put an arm around both Langa and I, laughing crazily like a maniac. Others stared as they walked past us in our strange embrace.

"You guys, like dude. I've been waiting for you two to get together for ages," he exclaimed.
"How were you so sure that we liked each other?"
"I wasn't sure, I just shipped you two together."

A small sigh left my lips.

"So, did you guys do anything...fun during the night?" Reki asked, smirking.
"What the hell? No! And even if we did, why would I go telling everyone the details?"
"What are you guys talking about?" questioned Langa.
"*blush* Nothing important," I said quickly.

Reki opened his mouth to speak though not before I tackled him to the ground. He immediately began laughing, which made laughter erupt from my lips as well.

Langa glanced down at the two of us before hopping on his board to perform tricks on the ramp. A shadow suddenly fell over us as we turned our heads to find Cherry standing beside us.

"So I heard you started dating him," he said, completely ignoring the fact that we were on the floor.
"Who told you that?"
"Your brother. Told us you were making 'gooey eyes' at each other during breakfast."
"'Us'? 'Gooey eyes'? Ugh, I'm gonna kill him when I see him."
"Kojiro also knows, Miya as well."
"Why are you here anyway?"
"To ascertain whether what your brother said was true. Though if he hurts you in any way, I'll be the first person you tell, understand?"
"Yes mum."

I giggled as he rolled his eyes though not before I caught the small smile slipping onto his face. A content sigh left my lips. I was glad I could call these people my family.