Chapter 100

(Y/n)'s POV

I helped Cherry bring the dishes to the dining table. A delicious mix of the varying foods flooded the air: marinated fish, clam miso soup, fried chicken skewers, even the salad brought a refreshing scent to the room.

The doorbell rang before Cherry went to answer it. He came back with Miya, Reki and Yuu in tow, the three of them marvelling over the luxurious design of Cherry's home. The pink-haired male smacked Reki's hand, keeping it away from the expensive sword display along one wall.

"Don't touch anything without permission," Cherry scolded.
"You live in such a cool house and never told us?" Reki asked, jokingly offended.
"Yes, in case you all decided to crash here forever."
"Can we?"
"There are enough guest rooms if you wished to stay the night," answered Carla.
"No," Cherry immediately said.

A laugh escaped my mouth as Reki pouted. We took our seats, both Reki and Yuu looking as if they couldn't wait to start digging into their food. Miya raised an eyebrow, wondering how he was acquainted with such barbarians.

I sipped my soup as they finally got to taste the food Cherry had prepared. Although it seemed delectable enough to belong in a restaurant, I was still full from that meal with Aoi and didn't bring out an entire 'set' for myself.

"So are you going to tell me what happened now?" Cherry asked.
"*sigh* Sure, if you really want to know. My uncle's old friend wants to challenge Adam to a beef but he won't accept so she's asking me to help."
"And this friend didn't do anything bad to you?"
"No."
"That's a complete lie."
"It's all good now."
"What happened?"
"She kidnapped my mum to 'schedule' a meeting with me. My mum wasn't injured though and she doesn't seem to remember any of it."
"What was this person's name?"
"Yamaguchi Aoi."

Recognition flashed in his eyes. Miya looked confusedly between the two of us though Reki seemed to already have an idea of what had happened. I met the gaze of my childhood friend, waiting patiently for him to spill.

"Langa texted me," he explained.
"This Aoi...she's not a good person to mess with," Cherry exclaimed.
"And Adam is?"
"You know what I mean. I didn't meet her a lot but from the times I did, she didn't spare anyone from the truth."
"What truth?"
"She was a heartless alcoholic rich girl who liked to play around with gangsters and she wasn't afraid to show that to anyone."
"Father, you worry too much. I just have to get Adam to agree to a beef."

We heard the sound of the front door unlocking before all of us went high on alert. Heavy footsteps sounded across the hallway, drawing closer and closer. The five of us stiffened, prepared for some idiotic thief to step forward.

Joe appeared in the doorway, carrying a bag of (favourite dessert). We immediately relaxed though Cherry was glaring at the green-haired male who had invited himself to our dinner.

"How the hell do you know my passcode? And how did you know we were specifically at my house?" Cherry demanded.
"Firstly, your passcode was hella easy to guess. You should consider changing it, and secondly, Reki told me," shrugged Joe.
"*sigh* Why do I only have problems in my life?"
"I'd appreciate it if you guys took your lover's quarrel elsewhere," Miya commented.

Reki, Yuu and I snickered at the comment before snatching the dessert from Joe's hands in his moment of disbelief. There were exactly six servings. I flashed the tall male a grateful smile as Cherry shot us a disapproving look for eating dessert at the same time as our meal.

"Barbarians," Miya muttered, though a small smile slipped onto his face.
"You should try some. This is really good," Yuu replied happily.
"So why are we all taking advantage of Kaoru's limitless food supply?" asked Joe.
"(Y/n) got in trouble again."
"Again?"
"I did not!"

~The next day~

I dumped my bag onto the floor, taking in deep breaths. Ruka smirked from where she stood a few metres away, gesturing for her school friends to back off now that they had done their damage.

Bruises coated my skin, a small trail of blood dripping down my chin. She had gotten word of how Langa had accompanied me to save my mum. I had not known that Ayaka had an extravagant date planned. I had not known that Langa had cancelled last minute to come with me.

"Did I not tell you to stay away from my sister's boyfriend?" she seethed.
"I have nothing to say to a monster like you."
"Boys, it seems like she still hasn't learnt her lesson."

This time, I would not let them hurt me. The cowards had caught me off-guard earlier, binding me before I had a chance to fight back. I gritted my teeth, ducking to avoid their hands before going for a punch.

The boy stumbled backwards, clearly not expecting the counterattack nor did he ever consider the possibility that a helpless girl like me could dodge his hands. I blocked his attacks and aimed a few punches at his jaw.

He shook his head, trying to steady his legs; however, I didn't give him a chance to before aiming a hard blow to his head. I then turned to the remaining guys and defeated them without much trouble.

"Next time, I would assess the enemy first before heading straight into the fight."
"And next time, I'd make sure to call out all your friends and have my friends eliminate those that choose to get in my way," she exclaimed.

She motioned for her minions to leave and turned back one last time. I stuck my tongue out, angering the girl before she finally left the park, most like trying to come up with a new plan to torture me.

I fell to the ground, clutching my stomach. Her guards had been rather ruthless when torturing the life out of me though I was used to it. My body ached and my head was pounding to a loud, erratic beat.

"(Y/n)?"