Chapter 128

(Y/n)'s POV

Langa fell, his back flat against the ground as I stood over him, a cheeky smile on my face. He stared up at me before a small grin eventually stretched his lips. Friendly laughter rang out in the gang's large hideout as Langa kicked my legs out and made me fall on top of him.

"It's a tie," he stated.
"No way, I won! You just decided to trip me because you lost!"

He placed a kiss on my lips before a blush appeared on my cheeks.

"Now it's a tie," he murmured whilst smiling.
"It's gonna take you years before you can beat (Y/n). She's been fighting since she was a kid," Jun called out.
"He's doing good though. Turns out you're not as bad as a teacher as I thought," Kenta said to his son.
"I am extremely offended by your low expectations."

The gang laughed at the carefree bickering between this father and son. I got up, heading to sit on a crate beside Yuu, who had finished his latest project. It was a small robot, able to perform simply tasks...or should be able to. To my knowledge, he hadn't yet tested it out.

"Alright Reki, you're up next," Jun said.
"Ready to see my superior skills?" Reki exclaimed.

He threw three throwing knives, all of them hitting the target on the wall. He had shown promising talent in his aiming as opposed to hand-to-hand combat, much to Kenta's surprise. Jun tossed him a pistol, which Reki shot a few bullets out of, forming a circle around the target.

I threw a bottle up in the air, which he aimed at though missed by a few centimetres. 'Again', he called out before I threw another, then another until he eventually managed to shoot through the plastic.

"As much as I'd like to see you both improve, are you sure this is what you want? (Y/n)'s been involved with us since she was young but it's different for you two," said Kenta.
"Dude, it's too late for you to be saying that now. We've been involved way before you started training us," Reki replied.
"(Y/n), you have too many enemies. Now everyone you know is gonna become affiliated with the yakuza at this point," Jun joked.
"Hey, it's not my fault people are jealous that I have so many slaves to do my bidding."
"Oh yeah? We're your slaves now, are we? Come at me, I'll show you."
"Hmm, I'd rather not waste my time with unimportant things."

Jun attacked me with tickles as I rolled over and begged him to stop between bursts of laughter. He eventually halted before I tripped him and went to sit beside Langa, who instinctively placed an arm around my waist.

"By the way, didn't you say you had a friend coming over? Some foreigner guy?" asked Jun.
"You kids, this is not a hangout. It's dangerous to stay here," Kenta scolded.
"On the other hand, you could argue that there's no place safer."

Kenta sighed, giving up on trying to argue and made his way to another area of the large hideout. That was when I received a call from Andre, making me assume he had gotten lost on the way here.

I picked up only to hear an unfamiliar voice. My friends could tell that something was wrong from the expression on my face. I asked the caller who he was and was answered with a menacing laugh.

"You want your precious friend back? Come to the location I sent you and bring Kenta with you. He and I have some unfinished business."
"Who the hell are you? What did you do with Andre?"
"Why don't you come and find out?"

The call cut off. A message suddenly appeared, stating the location of an abandoned theme park. Langa grabbed my arm just as I was about to head off, his eyes holding a million droplets of concern.

"Don't worry, Langa. I won't get myself killed."
"We're all coming with you. Did the jerk say to go alone?" asked Jun.
"No, he didn't say anything of the sort. Though he wants your dad. Apparently the two have unfinished business."
"Who does he think he is? Kidnapping a kid to get to me..." Kenta sighed as he came back, presumably after someone went to fetch him.
"Alright then, shall we head out?" Jun said.
"Yuu, you're not coming with us."
"*sigh* I know, but if you die, you bet I'll be spending the rest of my life getting revenge. Don't ruin my life, no pressure," Yuu exclaimed.

I rolled my eyes though couldn't stop the laugh from coming out of my mouth. He flashed a small grin before heading off with a bodyguard Kenta had hastily assigned to him.

~At the theme park~

Andre was tied up with his hands behind him and mouth bound. He had been forced to his knees. Behind him was a single man. His subordinates were hiding, it was rather obvious from the way he was confidently smirking at us despite the fact that we outnumbered him...for now.

"I've come like you wanted. Now let him go," demanded Kenta.
"Where's the fun in that? I'll keep this boy as a hostage. Now..."

Gunshots suddenly rang out before a smoke bomb obscured our vision. Reki managed to find my hand though Langa's was viciously ripped from my grasp. I yelled for him, though it was too chaotic and the only thing that answered were more gunshots that made me tremble.

I felt Reki pull me closer, gently rubbing circles against the back of my hand. Once the smoke cleared, we noticed that Langa had been captured and was tied up next to Andre. My blood ran cold.

"So one hostage wasn't enough? How much of a coward are you?" Jun taunted.
"I'd watch that mouth of yours," replied the man.

He ran a blade across Langa's arm, making me yell at him to stop. I couldn't lose him, I didn't want to lose him. Reki squeezed my hand though I couldn't calm my heart. I needed to save Langa.