Chapter 121

(Y/n)'s POV

I had woken up early in the morning, realising we were still at the playground. Langa had taken us back to his place, where we both fell asleep on the bed as soon as we got to his bedroom.

Now I was awake and wrapped in Langa's arms, who had his chest pressed to my back. His grip was stronger than I thought as he nuzzled against me and muttered for five more minutes of sleep.

"Come on, sleepyhead."
"No, it's comfortable like this," he muttered sleepily.

I turned to face him before he leaned down for a kiss. A lazy smile graced his face before I placed my hand on his forehead. He didn't seem to have a fever nor was he sick.

"Are you okay?"
"I'm just happy," he replied.

There was a sudden knock on the door before Langa's mum came in. I shot upright, a slight blush coating my cheeks as I smoothed down my hair. Langa, however, paid her no mind and pulled the blanket over his face when she opened the curtains.

"No need to be so embarrassed. I heard you two come in in the morning," she told me.
"Sorry for intruding..."
"Consider this your second home. I can see that my son definitely doesn't want you to leave."
"Ma'am, you don't disapprove of me?"
"Aww, aren't you sweet? No, I don't. In fact, I'm very glad he has someone like you. He's always been quiet so it's a surprise that he's so comfortable around you."

Despite having his face covered, Langa had an arm wrapped loosely around my stomach, which he tightened when I moved the slightest inch. His mum laughed before telling me there was breakfast on the table outside and that she was heading to work.

I let out a slight gasp when Langa pulled me down once she left. He towered over me before stealing a deep kiss. It wasn't until he was satisfied that he finally let me go.

"Come on, sleepyhead. Let's go eat breakfast."

He wordlessly got out of bed like a puppy and followed me to the dining room. Almost like a robot following commands, he sat down and ate his toast without a care in the world.

I checked my phone and realised I had a message from Yuu, asking where I was and telling me that mum's state had returned to normal. A deep sigh of relief left my lips before I subconsciously ate the scrambled eggs in front of me.

"I'm gonna need to go home after breakfast. Just to make sure everything's okay."
"Do you need to treat your wounds first?" he asked.
"Omg, I completely forgot. Take my food. I'm gonna need to use your bathroom and the first aid kit."

He nodded before continuing to eat his meal. I shut the bathroom door before peeling my clothes off and hopping into the shower. A small smile graced my face when I began scrubbing at the dirt on my skin.

It still seemed surreal. I was sure that if I tried hard enough, I would wake up and realise that this was nothing but a fleeting dream. However, it was real. Langa loved me back. He had kissed me. Multiple times. I was sure I looked like a smiling tomato.

Once I finished drying myself, I realised that I had no clean clothes to change into. Opening the door a slight bit, I poked my head out and called for Langa. There was a muffled crash, making me think he had been daydreaming when I called him.

"Mmm?" was his short reply from the dining room.
"Do you maybe have some clothes I could borrow...please?"

There was some ruffling as he stepped into his room and started rummaging for clothes. He came out not long after but proceeded to head into his mother's room after muttering a small apology. More rustling could be heard before he eventually emerged with a (f/c) oversized tee and a pair of ripped jeans that seemed as if it had not been worn in a while.

"The shirt's mine but I couldn't find any pants that'd fit you so I took one of my mum's," he explained, blushing slightly.
"Thank you...and sorry. It seems like I'm always borrowing your stuff."

He shook his head as if to say he didn't mind and handed me the clothes whilst looking away. A large grin plastered itself on my face.

"What?" he asked.
"You look cute when you're embarrassed."
"Huh-"

I closed the door, smiling to myself. The shirt was a little more than oversized but the jeans fit well enough. Once I made sure I appeared presentable, I stuffed my things into a bag and headed towards the front door.

"Langa-"
"Let's go," he said before grabbing the bag from my hands.
"You really don't have to come with me."

He covered his ears and began walking ahead of me. A grin slowly made its way onto my face as I caught up and lightly shoved him. His hand found mine before we were walking in a peaceful silence.

I began swaying our arms, listening to the leaves rustle and the birds chirp their cheery songs. Langa glanced at me, and that was all it took for me to realise that something was wrong. I stopped walking.

"Hey, what's up?"
"Nothing," he answered.
"Come on."
"...I'm just nervous."
"Nervous?...oh. Don't worry, you'll have to annoy the hell out of my parents for them to hate you."
"(Y/n)-"
"Langa, it's okay. If anything, mum'll probably question why anyone'd date me."

It wasn't long before we reached my house, where I slowly pushed the front door open. Mum was making breakfast in the kitchen. I assumed today was her day off and dad had already headed to work. She turned her head slightly when I entered, saying a simple greeting.

"You're a new face. Are you (Y/n)'s friend?" asked mum.
"Yeah-"
"Boyfriend. He's my boyfriend," I replied, cutting Langa off.

She turned off the stove and stared at him.

"My daughter's quite a troublemaker. Are you sure you can handle her?"
"She's not. She's been looking after me more than I've been looking after her."
"How much do you love her?"
"I would give my life for her," he replied as if the world depended on his answer.

Judging from the look on mum's face, it most likely did.