Part 20

The villagers woke up in the late afternoon Xeon and Nergal thanked all of them for their help with the fight against the Droks. Nergal opened a portal to the entrance to the Elder forest and Spike, Misty, Natsu, and Lucy all walked through the portal. Horo stays in the village to have more fun with the girls and Nergal.

Spike: Okay we are out of the forest now we just have to get back to the guild and report that we completed the job and get our money

Misty: Finally I can use my power freely * she uses her mist and teleports all of them back to the guild to get their rewards*

Miko: Oh you guys are already back nice job on your mission.

Spike: Thanks now then mind sending it over to our cards.

Lucy: How does that go, I know that you guys showed me how I can take money out and put it on it.

Miko: Oh that's simple you just hold it over this Lacrima and it will transfer the money from inside the lacrima on your card.

Natsu: Sounds easy enough. * walks over to the counter and places his card over the lacrima and the money transfers onto his card*

Miko: Thanks for your work.

Lucy and the others collect their money as well.

Lucy: Well now that's done we just need to get our stuff and we are off to the Desert of the Lost.

Spike, Misty: * look at her in horror* You are not planning to go to that death trap, are you?

Lucy: We kinda are, since we need to get to the Mirror of Truth so that I can learn about my dragon powers.

Spike: I don't know what made you choose one of the most dangerous places in the world to go to next, but I don't want any part in it.

Misty: Yeah same here, we are sorry but there is not enough money in the world for us to go there.

Miko: Yeah that place is a dead land and only death awaits you if you step in there.

Natsu: Well we need to go there anyway so thanks for all the help you guys but we are going there no matter what. I'm planning on slaying some of those overgrown worms.