Part 36

While the Dragneel family was enjoying their dinner and light discussion, a five-year-old human child began to walk around the restaurant, grabbing food from other patrons' plates. The child's mother did not even attempt to stop his behavior; she simply sat at the table next to Dragneel. The boy approached the Drangeels' table and reached out to take some of Natsu's food.

Natsu: *grabs the boy's hand by the wrist and gives him the coldest stare he can muster while trying not to break the child's hand right there for annoying everyone around them.*

Mikel: *Looks at Natsu, overwhelmed by the thought that someone would dine him anything from him like that as if it were the first time someone had stopped him from doing whatever he wanted. He attempts to take his hand away, but he can't get out of Natsu's grasp.*

Lucy: Natsu

Natsu: *In a growling tone of voice* No, this is my meal, go get your own kid, and stop bothering everyone else.

Mikel: You can't tell me what to do, so let me go.

Natsu: Oh, I certainly can, and you have no right to take someone else's food as you see fit.

Silviana: *Mikel's mother notices her son being held by the wrist and rises from the table she was seated at and walks up to them. She pulls Mikel's hand from Natsu's hold and looks at him as if he were the scum of the earth.* You animal, how dare you touch my child.

Natsu: Ma'am, relax. I simply stopped him from taking food from my plate and told him, "No, I didn't do anything to your child, so calm down."

Silviana: You can't say the N word to my child, who do you think you are?

Natsu: Are you suggesting that you never say no to your child? Who I am is unimportant, but the fact that your child goes around a restaurant grabbing food from everyone's plates is definitely an issue, so I recommend that you discipline your child.

Silviana: My child is just five, so you can't expect him to know how to behave, and I never say no to him because I don't want to restrict him. You should truly watch your tongue when speaking to a noble, and as a teenager, what do you know about discipline or raising a child?

Natsu: I'm only a teenager, but I've hatched two eggs and raised them to be wonderful individuals. I was raised by a great human teacher (Anna Heartfilia), then by none other than the fire dragon king Igneel himself and the Fiore kingdom's greatest guild Fairy Tail, and even at his age, I know that taking food from other people's plates and disturbing them while they eat is wrong. I don't want to hear the excuse that he is just this age. It is a parent's responsibility to teach their child about right and wrong, and you appear to have failed to do so. Your parenting style is simply reinforcing his poor behavior.

Silviana: I have no idea what half of what you said, but it doesn't matter because you lucked out by standing up to me. My husband is a high-ranking noble, and he has the authority to imprison you and your entire gang here.

Lucy: *She's sick of this woman's attitude, so she uses her dragon tongue powers.* Bow. *She orders Silviana and Mikel to bow.*

Silviana, Mikel: *bow their heads to them*

Lucy: We couldn't care less who you are or who your husband is; the fact is that your spoiled little brat tried to steal food from a member of the Dragneel family, and I was once a noble as well, and I was raised far better than you and your child, so I give you two options. Get out of here and pay for everyone's meals that your child ate, or we'll force you two to walk down the street naked as dogs. Swallow your pride and leave, or stay stubborn and have your pride and reputation crushed in this town.