Part 34

Following their meal, Natsu and Lucy put everything away and finished cleaning up.

Lucy: *leans against the kitchen counter, crosses her arms under her chest, and looks at Natsu as if she wants to speak but is unsure how to approach the subject.*

Natsu: *knows she wants to know the details of everything that happened today, so he lets out a big sigh and stands in front of her while rubbing the back of his neck.*  I'm aware that by saving Tia, I must have upset you and ruined our honeymoon. I am aware that we agreed to spend the entire time having sex and spending time together before continuing our journey. I'm not sure what happened or how I knew she was there and crying, but as the cart moved by, I suddenly felt that if I let it pass, I would regret it for the rest of my life. I grabbed it out of instinct, and as soon as my hand touched the cage's bars, wrath filled me as if a river of anguish had rushed into me from her.

Lucy: Oh, no We wanted to have sex and all that, but it's not like we care more about sex than the well-being of a child, so I'm not at all angry about the honeymoon, my love. The truth is that I'm more concerned about what would happen if her mother passed away and she had to deal with that reality at such a young age. I don't want her to experience what it's like to lose a mother when you're young. I understand that there is death everywhere and that anyone can experience it, but it is still difficult to witness a child experience the anguish of losing their parents.

Natsu: I know that you and I both lost our parents when we were very young, so I can relate to what you went through and what she may be experiencing. All I want is to ensure that she will one day be able to smile. I just wish there was a method for us to determine for certain whether she is still alive or not.

Ankhseram: *shows up in front of them while sporting a more irritated expression than normal

Ankhseram: *shows up in front of them while sporting a more irritated expression than normal.* By mastering god-slaying magic, I can tell that you have attained a certain level of power. Given your newfound power, I must now be weary of you; but, that is not the reason I'm here. That young girl's mother is something you definitely want to know about. Just a word of caution: if you continue on this route and discover the dark truth, you will eventually reach a fork in the road where choosing the incorrect path would result in more destruction than Acnologia or the dragon gods could ever hope to bring about. I will provide the information you request if you are ready for it.

Natsu: Tell me what happened to Tia's mother, and I'll defy whatever fate has in store for me and forge my own path.

Ankhseram: Despite how hard fate tries to grip you, you continue to fight it. Sadly, the mother of the little dragon has passed away; nevertheless, because she died defending her child, her soul was sent to reincarnate. In a few years, she will have a new birth. If things continue along this course, another battle between dragons will break out, and this time the entire planet will be engulfed in chaos. The people you should be looking for are the ones who killed her mother and put an end to their operations. God and dragons will clash, and the destruction they cause will be greater than what occurred in Fiore. You must stop those individuals.