chapter 2

It's 10am the next morning. I am meeting Lou in an hour so Jess can take photographs of her for uni work. I barely slept last night thinking of Lou Miller, how my heart was racing the entire time I was around her. How blue her eyes were. Jess is already at the studio setting up. I grab a cab outside and arrive by 10:30am. I try to avoid being late for this woman twice. I help her set up the rest of the lights and cameras. Lou arrives five minutes early of course. She is wearing a green suit with a marroon scarf.

The door swings open and in walks Lou Miller, I turn quickly to look at her. Lou already looking at me, she gives me a smile as she's walking towards us.

"Hello again, how are you?" She asks while placing a hand on my arm

"I'm good, how are you?" I say while smiling

"Me too, honey" she says with a smirk "you must be jess, it's nice to meet you...where do you want me?"

"You look amazing! just over there please" Jess shows Lou where she wants her and how she wants her to pose. She doesn't take her eyes off me the whole time. Her eyes burning into mine like fireballs, I can't look away...its like there's magnets connecting us both together.

"Yeah like that" the camera clicks
"Maybe try a smile...perfect!" The camera clicks again. After an hour Jess has all the photographs she needs. She thanks Lou again for her time.

"Gwen..." Lou taps my shoulder

I turn around to meet her eyes once again "do you fancy coffee?...I know a great place not far from here"

"I have work, I'm sorry...another time?" I say as I look at my watch "I'm starting in twenty minutes"

"Where do you work? I'll give you a ride...my driver is outside" she smiles sweetly

"It's okay, I can walk...its only a phew blocks away but thank you" I look past Lou to see Jess standing mouthing something to me...I try to make out what she is saying but its hard, she's not good at miming.

"Okay, I will see you later?" she asks looking intently into my eyes. I agree and she places a kiss on my cheek before leaving. I walk over to jess to ask her what she was trying to say.

"I was saying you should go with her" she shoves her shoulder into mine "why would you turn her down"

"Turn her down? She wasn't trying anything...plus...shes a woman, I'm into men remember"

"Well..." she turns to look at me while tidying up "she wouldn't take her eyes off you the whole time...I'm telling you, she wants you"

"Oh whatever" I brush her off and head off to work.

I work at a local shop, the owner is an older man called Wilson Young who can't quite keep up with the running of it anymore so I help out. I stock the shelves and help customers check out. While stocking the shelves Craig comes round the corner, he is Mr Wilsons grandson who also helps out from time to time.

"Hi Gwen, how are you" he asks while helping me stock the shelves.

"I'm fine, how are you?"

"Me too, are you busy later?" He takes the cans out of my hands and puts them on the shelves

"I have a lot of Uni work to do, why?"

"Wanna grab a drink when you are finished?" He says with hope in his eyes

"I will let you know" I say hesitantly, wanting to just say no but not wanting to see that dissapointed look in his eyes, he always asks me to go out but when you say no he looks so sad about it. I hear the door open and close so make my way to the counter. I bend down to look under the counter to check how many sweets we have left, I hear a familure voice saying hello. When I stand back up its Lou.