chapter 5

It's Saturday night. Me and Jess are getting ready to go out. We are meeting Andrew and some other people at the bar. I wear a black dress with black heels. I decide to leave my hair down but curled into wavs. We have a phew glasses of wine before we leave which makes me a bit tipsy since I never drink.

We get to the bar about 8pm. The others already have a table when we arrive.

"Gwen this is Katy, Sandra and David" Jess introduces me to everyone

We all greet each other before we take our seats again, I have small talk with everyone. Feeling slightly out of place since I only know Jess. After a phew hours and a lot more alcohol I have loosened up. We all laugh at each others jokes and banter.

"I'm just going to the ladys room" I stand up and pat my dress down.

I'm waiting in the que for the toilet when my phone vibrates. It's Lou. 'Hello starnger, sorry I've been awful busy. I hope you're okay. Lou x' I mistakenly press the call button and put the phone to my ear.

"Hello honey" she answers.

"Hello Lou...Lou miller" I slur my words "I am slightly drunk...I want you to know that I know what you're up to...exactly what you're up to-" she interupts

"How much have you had to drink? Where are you?"

"I can't remember...somewhere called Sally's or something...I can't remember...I'm going to hang up. Nice knowing ya-"

"No wait do-"

I hang up the phone before she finishes. Finally there's an empty stall in the toilets. I slump down on the toilet, now regretting my earlier phone call. I hit my forehead with the palm of my hand 'why did you do that...stupid girl' I say to myself.

I stagger back out of the toilets and make my way back to the table. I tell Jess I'm going to head home and to have a goodnight. We both kiss each others cheeks goodbye. David insists on helping me out to catch a cab, I agree hesitantly. We are standing close to the side of the road when I feel the sudden urge to be sick, I stagger to the side slightly, almost falling onto the road. He grabs me and pulls me back.

"You've had so much to drink, let me come back with you" he insits

Suddenly a blond woman appears, my vision is to blur to realise at first who it is but then I realise. It's Lou. She places a hand on my shoulder and signals to David that she can take it from here. He doesn't listen and insists he's taking me home. He grabs me closer, I tell him to get off me but he doesn't. Lou pushes him off.

"She said no Dude now fuck off" she has a fire in her eyes I haven't seen before.

David wonders off in the other direction looking awfully sorry for himself.

"I think im-" suddenly the sick feeling takes over and I'm sick all down myself "don't look at me!" I shout at Lou who ignores my instuction and holds my hair back while her other hand rubs my back.

"Come on sweetheart, let's get you home. I have a car around the corner...I'll take you home"

*********

Thats the last thing I remember from last night. I have just woke up the next morning. Feeling violently ill. There's a box of painkillers and a glass of water by my bed. I can hear music playing in the next room. Suddenly I hear foot steps coming towards my room. The door creecks open slightly. Lou's head pops through the gap.

"Oh great you're up" she walks in and slowly sits on the end of the bed.

I don't say anything to her, I just look down at my hands that are placed palm upwards ontop of the covers.

"Take the pain killers and drink some water, it'll make you feel better...I promise" she moves closer to me "what was last night all about? I don't want you to worry me like that again"

I finally look up at her "Worry you?" I say as I place a pill on my tongue and take a gulp of water "it's not up to you what I do...how drunk I get.." I say with regret as soon as it leaves my tongue...knowing I'm in the wrong.

She raises an eyebrow "Yes worry me" she says with a harsher tone "I was so worried when you phoned. Anything could have happened to you...I can't bare the thought" her tone getting harsher with every word "you can't just go out and get that drunk when you never drink in the first place, promise me you won't do that again" her eyes a darker shade of blue than what I've seen before.

My eyes start to tear up slightly "Yes...I'm sorry...I promise" I look down at my hands again.

She scooches over close and uses her index finger to lift my chin so we are making eye contact "Thank you" She says with now a softer tone. She reaches over and wraps me in her strong arms. Her scent hitting me like a train. "Now come on...get up...its 10am and I'm making breakfast, pancakes okay?"

I nod in agreement, I pull the covers back to find I'm in my pyjamas "Did you put my pajamas on?"

She laughs "yes, couldn't let you sleep in cloths covered in sick now could I"

I cover my face with my hands "fuck, I was sick...I remember now"

Lou gets up off the bed and heads to the door "come on, food is waiting" she gives me a flirty look and throws me a smirk before exiting my room.

I quickly look under my pyjamas to see if I have underwear on, I do. The same ones I did last night. I quickly jump in the shower before going into the kitchen. I walk in to find Lou swaying to 'old times rock and roll' by Bob Seger that's playing on the Alexa. I can hear her signing it under her breath. I stand quietly in the archway and admire her, she's in her own little world singing and flipping pancakes. She turns around and jumps slightly at the sight of me.

"Sorry, did I scare you"

"Yeah" she laughs "never heard you come through" she places the pancakes on two plates and hands me one of them "sofa?" She asks

I nod.

"Loved your singing there Miller"

She smirks "thank you, I can hold a tune" she tries to be serious but we both end up laughing.

"Did you stay here all night?" I ask while tucking into my pancakes "wow these are amazing" I quickly say

My compliment takes her by surprise "you're welcome, yeah I stayed...I couldn't leave you in such a state...I slept on the couch" she continues to eat her pancakes looking pleased with how good they are.

"Thank you" I say as I turn my head to look at her, she's sitting next to me on the couch. Shoulder to shoulder "How can I say thank you"

Her eyebrow raises and she smirks at me "Well...I know plenty of ways you can say thank you...but for now you can come out to dinner with me tonight" she says in a flirty tone.

I smirk back "deal" I lean more into her shoulder.

I feel her body relax next to mine as we both listen to the music playing out the Alexa.

---------------------------------------
Author

Thank you so much for reading! 💛