chapter 6

My phone vibrates 'I'll pick you up at 8pm sweeteart. Lou x' I text back 'I look forward to it. Gwen x' I suddenly remember I was supposed to phone my mom back.

"Took you long enough to phone back" my mom answers the phone, sounding a little annoyed.

"I know...I'm sorry, its been a very busy week...how are you? How's grandma?"

"I'm glad you are keeping busy, we are both fine as long as you're okay...have you heard from your dad?" She asks the question hesitantly

"No, should I have?"

"No I just wondered, are you up to much tonight?"

"Yeah I'm going to dinner with a friend at 8"

"Well have fun, call me when you can. Love you"

"love you too mom"

I hang up the phone. I wanted to tell her about this amazing woman I have met bit I can't. She's not homophbic or anything...I just don't know what will happen between me and Lou.

It's 6pm, I decide to shower and start getting ready to meet Lou. She wouldn't tell me where we are going so I have to guess what to wear. She said its more casual then anything else. I decide to wear my dark snake skin coloured flared trousers with a somewhat see through top and black silk bra, a black blazer on top and small black heals. Which I got from the thrift store.

It's 7:45pm. I sit nervously on the end of the sofa waiting for Lou to arrive. Jess is sitting on the otherside of the sofa, curled up in the blankets watching her TV show. I check the time every minute.

"Will you stop, relax!" Jess rolling her eyes

"I can't help it" I stand up and look out the window "do I look okay" I stand towards Jess

"Yes, you look amazing...shes going to love it" she continues to watch TV.

I nod and start trying to fake my confidence for her arrival. 7:57pm my phone buzzes. Its Lou. 'I'm outside, ready when you are. Lou x' I say bye to Jess and grab my purse on the way out. I make my way down the flight of stairs in my apartment building, finally reaching the door. I take a deep breath before opening it. The warm air hits my face as I open the door. I see Lou leaning against a motor bike on the pavement.

"Hey sweetheart" she hands me a helmet while looking me up and down "you look amazing" her mouth open while her tongue rolls on the inside of her cheeck.

I suddenly feel insecure by how intense her stair gets but her comment makes me relax a little "Thank you...I never knew you liked motorbikes" I take the helmet "this is my first time" I say nervously.

She climbs on the bike first to stable it so I can get on "don't worry, I'm a good driver...just hold on tight" once I'm on she takes my hands and wraps them around her waist "don't let go honey"

I squeeze hard around her waist and my head sits on her shoulder. She excelerates fast out of my street, taking me by surprise. I can feel her laugh as I grip tighter. I poke her in her side slightly to let her know of my playful annoyance.

We pull up to a small restaurant just outside of the city, she helps me take my helmet off. I quickly pat down my hair that's been messed up by the helmet. She turns her bike off. I take a quick glance over to the city, I see all the lights in the distance. Something about this place feels like peace. We make our way over to the entrance to where she opens the door for me and places a hand on my lower back, Guiding me inside.

We are greeted by two waiters who seem to know Lou, they show us to our table. Lou orders two lemonades for us and hands me one of the menus.

"The steak here is amazing, you should try that" she looks over her menue