chapter 35

"Would you like your eggs scrambled or fried baby?" Lou asks me.

"Lou I'm going to be late, I don't have time"

She places her index finger over my lips "you do, you have time...I can't let you leave until you eat breakfast...its the most important meal of the day" she says with one eyebrow raised.

"Okay...fried please" I say holding my hands up "I'm going to get dressed" I kiss her before I walk away.

I undress in her room and step into the shower, I use her shampoo and body wash. There's something comforting about thinking I will smell of Lou the entire day. I put some light makeup on and get dressed just as Lou shouts that breakfast is ready. The smell of coffee in the morning is heaven.

"Thank you" I say to her as I sit down "Where's yours?"

Her eyes dart away from mine "I don't eat breakfast..." she says quietly.

"Oh really" I point my fork at her "I think you should eat something, it's the most important meal of the day. Someone told me that you know"

"Who told you that? I have coffee, that's enough for me" she laughs.

I squint my eyes at her "If you say so"

She laughs "you're cute"

I try not to smile but I can't help it, my lips grow thin as a smile forms on my face "why do you do that!"

"Do what...I've done nothing"

"Make me smile when I don't want to, its annoying sometimes you know..."

"Oh I know" she says as she steals a piece of my bacon and walks over to the kitchen. I laugh as I look round at her, Watching her walking away.

Tammy comes stumbling down the stairs "Oh Gwen! I'm so hungover, how do you look okay!" She says while rubbing her eyes.

I shrug my shoulders "just age I guess" I joke, Lou bursts out laughing from behind me.

"You won't be young forever you know" she laughs back.

"Have a cup of coffee, you'll feel better...or just drink some more...that always does the trick"

"I wish I could do that" she brings over a cup of coffee "so what's your plans for today?" She slumps down in the chair next to me.

"I have classes then I have a therapy session which will be fun" I say sercasticly.

She brings the coffee to her lips "Well dont have to much fun will you, excuse me...I'm going to take Debs up a coffee" She carries two cups of coffee up the stairs.

"I never knew you had therapy today" lou says from behind me.

"Yeah, I'm going after class...I forgot about it actually"

"I can pick you up from college and take you" she sits next to me.

"Thats okay, I like the walk there and the walk back...it clears my head"

She nods "well if you change your mind, you know where I am"

I check the time on my phone "shit we better go"

I quickly throw the dishes in the dish washer and jump in the car with Lou, she drives over the speed limit all the way so I'm not late.

"Thank you baby" I kiss her.

As I try to get out the car she grabs my arm "Wait...can you stay at mine tonight?" She asks.

"I can yeah, Jess comes back today so I'm going to see her later on so I can come over after that?"