chapter 7

"Good morning New York City! Its 9:03am on this lovely Wednesday morning!"

The radio shouts to me as I'm making myself breakfast. My bacon spitting at me in the pan and my bread popping out the toaster. I make my morning coffee and finish cooking, I make my way to my sofa to enjoy a comfy seat before my day starts. I have had good morning texts and goodnight texts from Lou ever since Sunday. She calls me through the day to ask how I am, she makes me laugh if she hears I'm sad.

I clean up my mess from making breakfast and get ready for work. I decide to go a little earlier to grab one of those cookies from that coffee shop. I walk along the streets of New York with my head phones in, zoning in and out of concentration. I eat my cookie as I'm walking along to work. I'm greeted by Craig, he's happy to see me. I wish I could say the same.

I spend my shift stacking the shelves, greeting customers. Its only 3hours but I'm feeling pretty tired. I feel my phone buzz in my back pocket. Its Lou. "Hey sweetheart, I'm thinking of you. Hope you are thinking of me. Lou x"

I reply with a big grin on my face "how did you know? Hope your day is going good. Gwen x"

"I'm a mind reader honey, any plans tonight? Lou x"

"Nope, Jess is going to be out all night so I'm going to pamper myself I think. Gwen x"

"Sounds amazing, enjoy. Lou x"

I put my phone back in my pocket, still smiling to myself. Craig sees me smiling.

"What are you grinning at?"

"Nothing..." I continue doing my job

"If its that Lou Miller I would be careful"

I role my eyes "We are just friends"

He shrugs his shoulders "well...I'm only saying"

"Well dont" I snap.

"Actually I'm going early, I have an appointment. See you later"

He doesn't bother arguing the matter. I make my way home. I grabbed some bath products on the way home so I can have a nice warm bath and relax. I get home to a quiet dark apartment. It feels nice. I light some lovely smelling candles and run myself a bath, pouring the bubble bath in as the bath fills with water.

I remove my cloths one by one, leaving a trail from my bedroom to my bathroom. I'm just about to step into the bath when I hear the buzzer go. I jump slightly at the noise as I'm not expecting anyone. I throw a robe around myself and go to find out who's there. As I answer I hear a familure voice "Hey sweetheart, I have a surprise" Its Lou. I let her into the building and unlock the door for her to enter. I stand by the kitchen counter waiting for her. She finally makes it up the stairs and into the apartment. She's holding paper bags full of food.

"I thought I would make-" She stops talking as she looks up at me, she blushes slightly "Sorry was I interrupting"

I realised my robe has fallen down slightly and my breasts are almost falling out "Oh..." we both gaze into each others eyes "I was uh..." I'm trying to find the right words "I was about to go have a bath"

She gulps slightly "carry on, I brought stuff to make you dinner...I couldn't stand the thought of you being alone tonight"

She walks past with the bags and places a kiss on my cheeck as she passes "go on, carry on with your bath...I will shout you when it's ready"

I nod, smiling as I watch this wonderful woman cooking in my kitchen...cooking for me, I feel my stomach flutter. I follow instructions and continue with my bath. I hear her music coming through the Alexa. She's listening to 'Ophilia' by the Lumineers. I lay back and enjoy the warm water that wraps around my body. After 30mins I hear Lou shout that dinner will be ready in 15minutes.

I exit the bath, I untie my hair and let it fall down my back. Its slightly wavy. I grab a pair of pyjama shorts and an over sized t-shirt to wear. I exit my bedroom, I'm greeted with the amazing smell of spaghetti bolognese.

"Wow! That smells amazing" I walk into the kitchen to admire her work.

"Thank you, I hope it tastes good...here" she places a hand under my chin and places a spoon full of the bolognese into my mouth.

"Very nice" I smile "you sure have a lot of talents"

"I've got many more I want to show you" She looks over at me with a flirty smirk on her lips.

"And what might they be" I ask as I walk closer to her

"If you're good you'll find out" she raises an eyebrow at me

I walk closer to her, I lean into her body and reach for the two glasses that are behind her. She looks down and bites her lip as I pull away she realises what I was doing, she blushes slightly "what would you like to drink" I smirk at her

"Water" she says

"Coming right up" I laugh quietly

I set the table for us to eat there instead of the couch, five minutes later she comes through with two plates full of food. She sits opposite me. We sit in silence. I can feel a tension rising between us and she keeps looking up slightly to smirk at me before looking back down. The only noise is the music playing through the Alexa. We both finish at the same time. I lean back in my chair "that was so good"

"You're welcome" she takes the glass of water to her lips and takes a sip "would you like to watch a movie" she asks

I agree, I start to clear away to plates. She stops me "let me do this, make yourself comfy and pick a movie" I agree and make my way to the living room.

I curl up on the couch as I flick through netflix. Its 9pm so I don't want to pick anything to long. I decide to pick 'the girl next door' one of my old favourites. Once Lou has finished cleaning up she comes through. She let's her body fall backwards onto the couch, sinking into it. She said she's never watched this movie before which I'm happy about.

The movie starts. I can feel Lou leaning in closer and closer and it keeps playing. She places a hand on my bare thigh and moves her fingers slightly. It's very relaxing. Her head laying on my shoulder, I feel it getting slightly heavier. I try to look at her, I can see her eyes are closed. She's fallen asleep. I manage to pull a cover over us that's on the back of the couch. I cover us both and also fall asleep.

I am woken a couple of hours later to Jess coming home. Lou now having her arms wrapped around my waist tight and we both lie side by side. I lift my head up to let Jess know I'm awake. She whispers goodnight before entering her room. I roll over to face Lou. She's still sound asleep. I kiss her forehead and rub her cheeck "baby..." I whisper, trying to wake her. Her eyes open slowly. Her ocean eyes look right into mine. From that moment on...they are my favourite shade of blue.

"I'm sorry I fell alseep" she says as she starts to rub her eyes.

"Stay here tonight..." desperate to spend more time with her. It takes her by surprise.

"You want me to stay honey"

"I do, you can sleep in my bed...with me"

I see a smile appear slowly on her lips "I would love to"

"Plus its 1am, you can't go home at this time" I add before we both get up and head to my bedroom. I ask her if she wants a pair of pyjamas but she says she'll sleep in her underwear...she doesn't mind. She pulls her top over her head to reveal her bra and toned stomach, she then takes her trousers off. I can't take my eyes off her. She looks over at me from the other side of the bed. She raises an eyebrow while we make eye contact.

I pull back the covers and gesture for her to get in first, she gets in and lays on her side facing my side, she opens up her arms for me. I let myself be embraced by her. She pulls me close so every part of our body's line up perfectly. She places a kiss on the back of my neck. She runs her hand up and down my back under my t-shirt. I flinch slightly at the feeling. Her fingers tracing every part of my spine, I have been touched by many people all over my body but nobody has touched me this soft and gentle before. Shes something different I become to realised. Her touch makes me feel like I belong. I relax into her touch and we both drift off into a deep sleep. 

----------------------------------------
Author

I hope you enjoy! Thank you so much for reading 💛