chapter 12

Continue from chapter 11....

After we shower we head down to the kitchen to make breakfast. I'm wearing a pair of Lou's shorts and an old t-shirt of hers. The others are in the main sitting area, watching us walk down the stairs.

"Oh finally...they are awake" Debbie jokes

"Oh shut up ocean, its only 10am" Lou snaps back

I smile at them, Lou takes me in the kitchen.

"Would you like cereal? We have plently"

She starts showing what they have. I choose cheerios. She chooses the same. She pours one bowl of cereal and places two spoons in it.

"Mind if we share? There's not a lot"

"Yeah thats fine" I smile at her lovingly. I look over at the bag of cereal to see there's almost a full bag, I chuckle to myself.

We sit at the breakfast bunker in the kitchen, we lean into each other. Our legs intertwined with each others.

"Do you have much planned today?" She asks me

"I've got work in a couple of hours actually, have you?"

She pouts her lip "do you have to go?"

"I do "I place a hand on her leg "I really need the money"

"Will you come back here tonight?" She asks

I look down at our bowl of cereal "I don't know...I've got a lot of stuff on right now"

She looks dissapointed "fair enough"

"But I could meet you after work if you want?"

"I would love to" I smirk

Debbie comes walking over. She's yawning.

"I never got much sleep last night...certain people were keeping me up" she makes eye contact with Lou.

Lou rolls her eyes "just because you aren't getting any"

"I could get plenty...if I wanted to" she takes a sip of her tea.

"Are you free tomorrow night Gwen?"

"I think so, why?" I take a mouthful of cereal

"We are having a party here for our other friend Daphnes birthday, you're welcome to come"

Lou shakes her head slightly at Debbie, I notice.

I look at Lou "Yeah, sounds great...I'll be here"

Debbie looks at both of us confused before heading back to the sofas to talk to Tammy.

"You never mentioned a party" I say to Lou

She looks down at the floor, avoiding eye contact with me "I had already asked someone else to come but I can blow her off for you"

Feeling slightly annoyed, I place my spoon back in the bowl and pull away from Lou slightly "Oh...dont do that on my account, bring her" I stand up "I'm going to get my stuff, I need to get home" Lou tries to take my hand but I move it before she can do so.

I get all my things together, I put the clothes back on that I had on last night. Lou comes in the room.

"Am I able to bring someone tomorrow" I ask her

She nods "yeah"

"Great" I say sercasticly "I'm going, I'll see you later"

I try to walk past her but she grabs my arm "don't leave like this"