chapter 30

Lou

3 months ago.

"Are you okay!" I grab a napkin and hand it to her. I turn to Alex and signal for her to get Gwen out of here, I follow them out to make sure she gets in a taxi.

"I won't be long" I say to Gwen as I shut the cab door.

I head back inside, Abby is sitting with her head tipped back trying to stop the blood from pouring out her nose. I walk over to her, she takes the tissue away to reveal a nasty bruise on her face. I bite my lip to stop myself from smirking, Gwen does have a good right hook on her...I can say that.

"Who the hell was that?" She asks me.

"Just a friend, don't worry she's gone...I'm so sorry this happened, let me get you another drink to say sorry" I say softly to her.

I spend the rest of the night with her, the last thing I want is her running off to her father to tell him what's happened. My phone buzzes in my picket, its Debbie.

"Hey, I heard about what's happened...I spoke to Alex, you need to get Gwen out of california ASAP. I will come meet her and take her home. Deb x"

"She won't go, I know she won't go. It was a mistake, she just lost her temper. Lou x" I text back.

"Listen I know she cares about you a lot and I know you care about her but you need to get her out of there, do whatever it takes. It's for the best Lou, we can't loose this job. Deb x"

"Okay, I will. Lou x"

I head back to the house, questioning myself if im doing the right thing the whole journey. I drive as slow as I can, my heart aching every mile of the way. I walk in the front door, I'm met by Alex.

"You okay?" She asks.

"Yeah" I smile with tired eyes "I just have to take care of this, thank you for bringing her back" I hug her before she leaves.

I sit at the kitchen table, tears escaping my eyelids. I bite the skin off my fingers, my leg doesn't stop bouncing. The sunrise shining through the blindes signals to me its time to wake Gwen up. I walk slowly through to the bedroom where she lays, looking very innocent sleeping. I sit next to her, admiring her. The way her freckles relax over her cheeks and nose, the way she grips the covers like someone is going to steal them from her.

I lean down and kiss her soft lips to wake her up, they taste like strawberry. I've never cared much for strawberries but her lips are stained with the taste of them. She stretches gently before her eyes open, oh how I'm going to miss those brown eyes. Brown eyes are just brown eyes until you love someone with brown eyes.

"Time to wake up" I brush the hair out of her eyes "We need to talk" I scrunch my eyes together as I stand up, watching her stand up after me and following me close behind.

I explain to her what's happened, she keeps trying to grab my hands but I know her touch will pull me back in. I try to keep my emotions out of this, her eyes keep searching for mine...I'm to scared to look at her, I cannot stand the look of pain in her eyes and knowing I caused it is to much to take.

"I'm so sorry" I say to her as my voice cracks.

The tears stream down her face as she storms away to pack her bag, I follow her. She grabs cloths from the floor and drawers to throw them into her suitcase, she suddenly breaks down and falls to the floor. I lean down to her help, my heart aching for this girl. I want to tell her to stay to be with me but I can't. I just can't.

I cut her off mid sentance, she was going to tell me she loves me. I know I can't say it back if she does tell me that. I stare at her as she walks away, she looks back at me one more time with blood shot eyes.