Chapter 12: On Any Page

A/N~ Chapters 10-19 were all released at the same time make sure you didn't skip one <3

-------------------------

Annabeth's pov

I brush my hair into a bun putting pins in to hold the fly aways. My costume it's on a hanger on the rack where my pointe shoes are. I put on the gems that go with the costume and put them on my face. I hate to do it but it's a part of the dance.

"Anna, do you need help with your tutu? Alice asks coming inside my dressing room. She is also in the dance. I get along with her just fine. She is the biggest sweetheart ever. "Yeah let me just put my pointe shoes on" I take my toe pads on, putting my pointe shoes on, fixing the band.

Dad brought them to me yesterday. I almost burned my finger while burning the band but I had to prep them. Alice helps me put on the costume by tying the corset in the back. "Thank you Alice I appreciate it" She smiles at me saying it's 10 minutes till performances. We get to stand on the far side of the audience and watch the first half then during intermission we go back to our places.

We all go through the back staircase trying not to open the door loudly so people don't look our way. I stand to the side seeing Zeno getting called up with his Violin. He looks at me. I give him a thumbs up and he smiles, putting the violin on his shoulder.

He plays The Chaconne from Sonata No. 2 in D minor chord. I see some people in the back writing down notes. "Apparently there are people from Juilliard who want to offer full rides to people who they like and personally invite them to audition," Alice says pointing to them. They write down notes with each person that goes up.

Person after person they have the same facial expression. It's nerve racking knowing they are here now. "Marcello said his audition is the same day as ours but they contacted him saying they were interested and gave him a different date. Apparently the people who they give a different date to are people they really want. Riccardo, Andrea, Rosa, and Adeli all got their dates moved too. Anna this could be it for us we can finally escape" Zeno says with the biggest smile on his face.

Valentino gets on the stage sitting at the piano taking a deep breath. Instead of picking something traditional he picked 'To Build A Home' By the cinematic orchestra. He doesn't sing along but just plays the piano. I look back at the people seeing them writing down a lot of notes.

He takes many deep breaths shutting his eyes. I know he's hurting. He hates playing in front of people let alone singing. He got his mother's talent but ever since she passed he barely uses it. Arianna and him used to sit for hours on the piano or the guitar just singing to anything with the biggest smiles on their faces.

Val used to perform all the time. He is a music prodigy. Give him any instrument and he knows how to play it. There are two more people after Val but I know he's going to need a hug. Zeno urges me to go see him. I sneak off backstage going to find Val.

I see him walking away. I grab his hand, taking him into my dressing room, locking the door. I hug him tightly he hugs me back burying his head in the crook of my neck. "I hope you know how proud of you she is" I tell him he nods, not saying anything.

He needed this hug really badly.

His forehead rests on mine. I look into those emerald green eyes that had a hold on my heart since I was little. "Is it still more than any words on a page?" He ask I feel my heart starting to race. His hand goes on the small of my back holding me closer to him.

"It's still more than any words on a page"

I close the gap between us pressing my lips onto his. My arms go around his neck trying to make sure there is no space between us. His hands stay on the small of my waist as he deepens the kiss. It doesn't feel rushed or full or lust. It feels passionate and slow.