Chapter 58: Carlo

A/N~ Chapters 50-59 were all released at the same time make sure you didn't skip one <3

-------------------------

Annabeth's pov

It's been two weeks since I went home from the hospital. Everyday Val was with me making sure I was okay and felt comfortable. The first few days I would just sit there and cry while he held me but then he kept reminding me it wasn't my fault. He kept telling me he loved me. He made me feel loved.

I learned to accept it with the help of him and my family. The thought of it hurts but it will never be undone. What has happened, happened. I went back to school and everyone went back to their normal lives. I know without my family I would have tried to kill myself again but without them I wouldn't be alive right now.

There are still times where I think of it and go completely numb but it's still fresh. It's something that I can never take away. Mom and dad have done their best to make me as comfortable as possible. I am grateful for the family I have because without them I wouldn't be healing from this.

Apparently there's two alumni days now. I mean come on now it has to be two. We'll technically this time it's the whole week as the school said to promote better care for our future.That's just to look good to the public. This time the whole family is here and I mean everyone, all five of mom's brothers plus our cousins, then of course mom, dad, Santo, Luciano, Giovanni, and so many more to think of. The only good thing is we don't have to wear uniforms this week.

"Why are you going to class alone Anna" Carlo says walking next to me. I roll my eyes In annoyance putting up the music in my headphones.

He's just like his stupid fucking sister Adia. It has to run in the family. Val told me he was coming in late so I'm stuck in my first classes without him. "Earth to annabeth" Ezio takes out my headphones "I've been calling you for the past five minutes" he gives them back as I put them in my hoodie.

"Sorry I was blocking out you Carlo" I sit in my usual seat as he sits next to me wearing Val would usually sit. "That poor boy is so in love with you" Zeno says I flip him off and he laughs. He takes out his journal writing a long letter in it.

He's been a bit more distant when I asked Marcello he said that Zeno doesn't even answer his calls anymore. "Zeno, can I see what you're writing?" He shakes his head no but smiles at me "Can you promise me something?" I give him a weird look nodding my head yes.

"We're young and we don't know when we're going to die. If I die before you and were still young can you promise me you won't mourn my death"

"Zeno your my best friend fuck youve been another brother to me how can I not mourn your death when you die?"

"Because when I die i'm no longer suffering I finally made it to peace and i'll come back as the most beautiful sun set or an Artic blue butterfly. You know those are my favorite things"

"Fine I promise I wont mourn for too long but im not dying, your not dying. Were going to move to New York in a few months we'll be out of Sicily" He doesn't respond he just smiles at me then goes back to writing.

Morning classes go by faster than I thought and we're already at lunch. I sit across from Alessio and Achilles taking off my hoodie. "Mother Nature is having mood swings. It was cold this morning, now it's hot" I complained while putting my hoodie in my bag.

"You couldn't wear another shirt preferably one that covers your stomach" Alessio rolls eyes pointing out my white crop top. I shrug and Sofia gives Achilles a kiss on his cheek before sitting next to me. "My favorite person oh my god I missed you I was dying" She dramatically hugs me as I let out a laugh.