Chapter 60: Critical Condition

Annabeth's pov

The sound of my ringtone goes off making everyone silent. I pick it up seeing it's the hospital. Why would the hospital be calling me?

"Good afternoon may I please speak with Ms. Annabeth Morelli" the nurse says over the phone, making my heart race. "Um yes speaking" my hands start to sweat feeling nervous.

"Zeno Cotti is currently in the hospital with attempted suicide. He is in critical condition and is asking for you. No one else is here with him, we don't know if he's going to make it." I drop my phone feeling the tears stream down my face.

Running to the door I grab the closest car keys speeding out the driveway. He has to be okay. Please stay alive Zeno please. I don't know how fast I'm going nor do I care.

I need to make sure he stays alive. I throw the car into a random parking spot running into the hospital. "What room is Zeno Cotti in?" I try to collect myself in front of the receptionist. "What is your relationship to the patient" For fucks sake lady , come on.

"Just give me the fucking room" The tears still streaming down my face. She shakes her head 'no' the click of her nails on the keyboard going to the next person. "Do your fucking job I just got a call he was asking for me" I yell out people looking at me with pity.

"Ma'am I'm going to have to ask you to leave" This bitch has the nerve. "Get me doctors Bianchi now" She radios for aunt Bianca and uncle Enzo.

They both come to the front giving me a weird look. "Ma'am that is as far as you can go. If you keep going I will have security detain you" She threatens me by calling over security.

"Check her name, it's on the system she is allowed back here at any time. I'll deal with you later" Uncle Enzo spits out the nurse's face and turns pale. Aunt Bianca hugs me walking me over to Zeno's room.

"We're doing the best we can to save him when he's awake. Go see him. We'll be back to check on both of you in a little bit" She gives me a small smile.

"Anna, he needs you now more than ever. I did everything that I could. It's all up to him now. I've called his parents multiple times the one time they answered they didn't care he just wanted you here. " Uncle Enzo hugged me tightly, letting me cry into his chest.

"Go he's probably wondering where you are" I wiped my face as best as I could, nodding my head. The ICU doors open Zenos eyes open looking at me with a hurt expression.

I sit in the chair next to his bed not saying anything. "Annabeth says something to me" His horse voice says, looking at me.

"Zeno I feel like anything I say will be hypocritical because I tried the same thing but I'm glad it didn't work because so much good happened out of it" The tears spill out and my heart breaks.

"Anna, I feel so alone. I hate that I feel alone because I know I'm not, you're the only one who cares. My parents aren't even here. Anna I love you so much you're the only friend that I've had" He cries out holding my hand. I look at the gauze that travels up both his arms, my heart crumbling into a billion pieces.

Everything between me and Zeno has always been platonic. "Zeno I love you more than you can think. Stay alive it will get better I promise" I beg him letting out all emotions.

"Anna things don't get better for a person like me. My time has come. You've been my guardian angel since you saved me 3 years ago. I'm just happy that you're here with me right now. I love you more than life, don't forget that." He tiredly smiles and my heart starts to race the monitors making weird beeping noises.

No no no this can't be happening right now.

"Zeno open your eyes please don't go" I yell at and he faintly smiles at me. "Annabeth I'll always be with it doesn't always have to be physical. Thank you for being my angel I love you" Nurses rush into the room messing with the monitors.

Uncle Enzo rushes in telling Aunt Bianca to take me out the room. I ask them to let me stay kicking and crying , wanting to Stay with Zeno.

They put the defibrillators on his chest, shocking him. The ICU doors closed, putting him out of my sight. I see mom and dad rushing in coming to me. Dad holds me in his arms letting me cry out.

I fall to the floor feeling my body tremble. I feel the blood rush out of my body making it hard to stay awake. "She's in shock she can have a seizure." A small flashlight shines in my eyes as I stay frozen.

I can't move, nothing feels real. My eyes start fluttering to the back of my head and I feel my body shake on the floor.

The faint voices are yelling lifting me somewhere but it's too strong. I welcome the darkness.

Valentinos pov

I rushed into the hospital seeing Anna wheeled into another room. "What the fuck is going on" Ezio asks his mom looking at his best friends body shaking.

"I'll have a nurse explain that I need to check on her. Get me the IV's and Lorazepam now" she yells out different nurses running to different rooms.

After about an hour Vincenzo comes out with a stressed look. "We've controlled Anna's seizures; she had 3 more each time we controlled them. We'll keep her for the next two days to make sure she's good. I'm putting her back on medication to make sure she takes them twice a day" He says writing the prescription on his notepad.

"Can we see her?" Alessio asks and he nods, bringing us to her room. She sits up seeing us walk in tear stains on her face.

"How's Zeno, is he alright? Please tell me he's okay." She asks Enzo and he shakes his head looking down at the ground. "Anna, we are tired of everything. He passed away moments after you left. His parents have been notified and are on their way. We found this under the pillow. It has your name on it. I'm not expecting you to read it but he wanted you to have it" He hands her an envelope walking out of the room.

She puts her head in between her legs sobbing loudly. Everyone stays frozen lost in what to do.

Zenos gone

He killed himself. Nothing will bring him back. "Get out" she says slowly, making everyone look at each other. "Anna was not going to leave you alone," Achille tells her, making her look up.

Her eyes turn dark, the redness around, becoming more evident. "Get out I want to be alone" She repeats and Bianca comes into the room.

She whispers something in Athena's ear nodding her head. "Come guys we'll be back to see her tomorrow" she signals for us to get out of the room.

Letting out a deep breath I walk out the room, closing the door behind me. "She needs space right now. I have an overnight so I'll make sure she's okay. Come tomorrow afternoon she'll probably be in the same mood but right she just needs to be alone. I cleared the room of anything dangerous, nothing can happen to her." Bianca explains

I don't want to leave her alone but it looks like I have no choice. I walk to my car Anna never leaving my mind. Driving off the only thing I can hear is my thoughts, not even the music on can distract me.

---------------

Hey guys

I wasn't going to release this chapter today but I decided it needed to be a single update one. Chapters 61-69 will be released August 3rd

The epilogue will be released August 9th

Q/A~Are you nervous?

10 Chapters left

1329 words

Don't forget to follow the Characters Instagram <3

Annabethmorelli

Valentinoxmarino

Until we meet again <3

-Yaniris0919 <3