Chapter 47: Where's My Anna?

A/N~ Chapters 40-49 were all released at the same time make sure you didn't skip one <3

-------------------------

2 ½ years ago

Annabeth's pov

Everything between me and Val has been kept a secret for a while. Now he's been acting like a secret. I can't even ask him a question without him getting defensive. I know he's hiding something but I don't want to figure it out myself. It'll hurt me more.

As per my certain habits it's gotten worse and worse. The other day I overheard mom and dad talking with Uncle Enzo about rehab. It's so easy to trick them into thinking I got better. I do it here every day. I feel my head start to spin once I get up from the couch. I've barely touched any food for the past 4 days.

Water I need water it'll fill me up just fine

Going to the kitchen I drink 3 glasses feeling my stomach begging for more than just a plain liquid. "Hello Anna" Gio says walking in with Rico, Vinnie and Eremes behind him. "Hi, how was your day?"

"Fucking boring did you eat? We have extra food if you want" Rico places a bag on the table. It smells so good but I can't. "Oh thank you but I already ate" I give my most convincing face.

They don't question it letting me leave going into the living room. I see Valentino come in my heart and start to race seeing him. Please look at me and know I'm in pain. Please take me in your arms and say I'll be alright. Please accept me for every one to know my heart belongs to you and only only.

A girl walks in behind him, staying away from my view. I haven't seen her around the school, maybe from the warehouse? They both go into the living room sitting dangerously close to each other. Sitting in the open spot next to rico he asks me who's the girl I tell him I don't know.

"Who's your friend Val?" Ezio asks Val to look at her smiling while holding her hand. He held her hand. "This is Ella my girlfriend" My heart drops and I feel my face pale. The blood ran out my body and I felt numb.

Ella

His

Girlfriend

She smiles at everyone and they happily welcome her. She looks at me as if she's waiting for me to say something. Valentino doesn't meet my eyes but when he does it turns into regret. "Hey um im Annabeth most people call me Anna. I just remembered I have to finish an essay but you two look great together. I wish you the best in your relationship" the tears build up in my eyes. I stand up trying to walk out.

She gives me a toothy smile falling into Valentino's arms. I can't see this. I bump into a hard chest. I turn to see dad looking at me weirdly. "Sorry" I pushed past him running upstairs, locking the door to my room.

Once I know it's locked I break. I scream out in pain feeling my heart breaking into millions of tiny pieces. How could he do this to me? Was I just a joke the whole time?

Did he mean anything he said?

What am I even saying of course he'll choose her and not me. She's drop dead gorgeous, perfect straight hair, beautiful honey brown eyes, a body people pay for. I feel the air in my lungs start to close up running to the bathroom. I throw water on my face seeing how bad I look.

Going into the hidden compartment I take out the razor blade I have hidden, dragging it along my arm. Each cut is deeper than the last. The cut makes me feel something different but nothing can take away this feeling I have.

Maybe this is it. The universe is telling me I will never be happy. Nothing will ever work out how I want it to. What did I do to deserve this? I did nothing wrong. By the time I look at my arm again it's full of new cuts and a small pool of blood forming on the floor.