Chapter 39: Gift Of Zeus

A/N~ Chapters 30-39 were all released at the same time make sure you didn't skip one <3

-------------------------

Annabeth's pov

It's the second day of the storm and it's only getting worse from here. The sky is insanely grey, water pours and pours like there's no tomorrow. Lighting hit's every few minutes. "Seems like the gods are arguing" Zeno says, shutting the curtain of my balcony. I made sure the door was locked from the top and the middle.

"What do you mean?" I ask him putting away my book. Val holds me closer burying his head in the crook of my neck. I rub his back feeling him getting relaxed. "In Greek mythology when Zeus. Poseidon, and Hades are arguing with each other when a storm happens. The ocean is out of control and the waves are hitting rough. The current is horrible. The sky is grey and full of lighting. Is pouring rain as if we were in a drought. The grass isn't green anymore, the plants are dead. Seems like they are mad at each other." He sits on the floor taking the blunt from Sofia.

She rolls her eyes, laying her head on Achilles' lap. "Well Zeno your name literally means gift of Zeus so go make him happy." Zeno flips her off and she laughs, blowing him a kiss. Alessio comes into my room holding a bottle and a bag of pre rolled.

Gino, Nicola and Ezio come in behind him leaving the door a little open. I grab my phone texting Giovanni. He tells me that he's downstairs with Federico doing paperwork. He also let's me know that he has some leftovers of my favorite cheesecake. I thank him and he tells me it was no problem.

I love all my brothers but Giovanni I love the most. Since I could remember I always did everything with him no matter what it was. He was there for everything and he is one of the main reasons why I'm still alive. The same with Federico the three of us were inseparable and still are. When I told them I wanted to go to Juilliard they were more than happy. They told me to keep following my dream. I was scared to tell them I wanted to go because it's so far from Sicily and it's always been us three. They kept telling me that's why there are planes are they can visit me whenever.

"If I stay in this position any longer I'm going to fall asleep" Val sits up rubbing his tired eyes. He pulls me to his side. I rest my head on his chest fidgeting with his fingers. "Alright what's one of the best memories you have?" Gino says, taking a drink out of his cup.

"I'd say my 9th birthday because my brother and his wife took me to Sydney and we spent the week traveling around. He knew I wanted to go and it was the last vacation we had before he died" Sofia says taking a long drink straight out of the bottle.

Achilles says one of his is when dad took him and alessio to see the world cup. "Alright alright now what was the worst birthday?" Ezio says

"Hands down worst birthday our 12th" Alessio says and Achilles agrees with him. I don't say anything sinking into Val's side more. He holds me tighter knowing how I feel about my 12th birthday. I wish that it would never be brought up again.

Achilles notices my change in mood, giving me eyes of pity. "Well it was only bad because some people didn't know how to keep their insecurities to themselves. I don't think it's easy to forget that we're triplets" I give Achilles a small smile. He returns it playing with the ends of Sofia's hair.

I was 12 when it all started. My birthday was supposed to be fun. I was supposed to be happy but it turned into one of the worst days of my life. Both sides of the family were there. We were having a pool party. Mom and Dad has asked us if we wanted the extended family to come. Alessio and Achilles agreed to it I just followed along. It was fun until one of my aunts told me she forgot it was my birthday too but it was alright I wouldn't have fit into anything she brought me.

I never looked at myself the same again.

I felt like all my clothes were fitting me tight, I could see the fat bulging out of pants' my shirts were too small making everything stick to me. That night was the first night I starved myself. I didn't know how to stop. It was the only way I knew how to lose weight quickly.

I was only a kid.

For more that everyone tried to make me feel better I didn't. I felt ugly and like an eyesore to people. Alessio was the first to blame me for it. It was his birthday too. He said I always had to make things about myself.

It was also the first time I used a blade against my skin.

All these thoughts were running through my head and I didn't know how to stop them. When mom heard what she said mom almost killed her. Dad and Uncle Adriano had to hold mom from hitting her anymore. Dad doesn't really bring his family along because they don't only talk bad about us. They hurt him too.

He only has a few family members who actually care about him. One of them being Uncle Tony. He always checks up on us making sure that we are alright. He's married to Aunt Elena and met her through mom and dad a while ago. She isn't Italian which made a lot of his family not like her. She was born and raised in Puerto Rico but can speak perfect English, Spanish, Italian and French. She is the kindest soul anyone can meet.

They had their only daughter Marella who was two at the time. They are probably some of the only people on dad's side of the family that he loves. Mom's side is a little different. They are all extremely judgemental but keep it more on the down low.

She can't stand so many of them either, that's why we're always around the same people. Not that I mind it, it's better that way. So much happened just before that.

Maybe I was too dumb to realize it. Shit there was a point I thought dad hated me. It was those little promises that people broke that hurt me.

I started starving myself because of it.

I started cutting myself because of it.

I started drinking because of it.

I wanted to die because of it.

---------------

Hey guys

Next chapters are flashbacks

Q/A~Are you ready for the book to end?

1136 words

Don't forget to follow the Characters Instagram <3

Annabethmorelli

Valentinoxmarino

Until we meet again <3

-Yaniris0919 <3