Chapter 66: See You Squirt

A/N~ Chapters 61-69 were all released at the same time make sure you didn't skip one <3

-------------------------

Valentino's pov

I go into the living room seeing dad with his hands in his hair. "What's wrong?" I ask him he looks up at me with tears in his eyes. "Valentino oh my god I'm so sorry" He says hugging me tightly. I hug him back confused as to what he's saying.

"Dad, what's wrong?" I ask him again his eyes are bloodshot red. His hair is a mess. He looks like he's been crying for hours. "Please don't hate me" He drinks from the bottle of whiskey I take it from him, seeing three more empty. I know he's not drunk because there's 4 empty gallons of water next to him plus he sleeps when he's drunk.

He wipes his face taking a deep breath "So I met this girl when I was checking in on one of the restaurants. She was sitting alone eating dinner and I found it weird. She had two plates there but she was only eating one. I thought she was eating both. I mean who am I to judge? Then I saw a tear fall down her face but she quickly wiped it. I felt bad so I sat with her and I asked her what was wrong. She told me she was waiting for someone but they stood her up. It was the first time she had been on a date in 17 years that she knew she shouldn't have gone. I sat with her for hours. We talked about everything and anything. I walked her to her car and she gave me her number. It was the first time since your mom died that I felt anything for anyone else other than her.

That was eight months ago. Since then we've been seeing each other and I feel so happy. I haven't felt like this in a long time. I want her so much but I feel like I'm betraying your mother." He cries I look at him taking a deep breath

"Dad, you are not betraying mom. She would want you to be happy. Dad, you haven't been this happy in years. Mom has been dead for 5 years. She is at peace and she wants you to be happy. She told me she wanted you to find love again the day she died. She asked me not to be mad at you if you did but I could never be mad at you for that. If you are happy with her then do it dad marry her. I am not going to yell at you for being happy. You deserve it more than anyone."

"Oh my god Valentino I think I love her"

"That's okay dad. For once since mom has died do something for yourself. These past five years you've done everything to benefit me. This is your chance. Do not lose this chance to be happy."

"Thank you so much Valentino you don't understand. This means so much to me."

"There is no need to thank me dad"

He hugs me tightly and a few tears come down my face. I hug him back and he lets out a deep breath. "Tell me about her '' He smiles to himself "Her name is Violet. She has a daughter. You might know her, she goes to your school. Her name is Alice. Violet reminds me of Arianna. She is so nice and sweet. She comes to the warehouse and will force me to sit and eat something. She'll always ask how my day was and if I needed to talk. She always asks how you are doing. She is just so selfless in everything she does she brings happiness into peoples' day. I didn't realize how bad it was until I bought an engagement ring today. I've been sitting here just crying"

"When were you going to ask her?"

"She told Alice a week ago and I was waiting to tell you. I wanted to ask her tonight"

"We'll what are you waiting for? Call her and tell her to bring Alice. We'll all go out and then you can ask her"

"Thank you Valentino"

"No dad thank you for being strong"

He calls her and she agrees to go out with him for dinner. I go upstairs changing into one of my suits called Anna. "Why don't you look fancy?" she says answering FaceTime. I fix my tie and she looks at me with a smile "dads getting engaged kind of have to look the part you know?" She fixes her glasses, putting her book to the side.