Chapter 31: Someones Mad

A/N~ Chapters 30-39 were all released at the same time make sure you didn't skip one <3

-------------------------

Annabeth's pov

I sit in the library with my headphones on typing up my essay for english. I have the class 7th period and finally got my revisions back. Val starts soccer soon so he'll be a lot busier. "What are you doing?" Zeno says sitting in front of me. I take off my headphones and put them in their case.

He takes my laptop looking at my essay. His sleeves ride up a little. I see the fresh cuts on his wrist. I grab his arm lifting up the sleeve seeing all the new cuts. He looks away from his arm but doesn't look at me either. "Zeno what happened?" I ask him while he puts his sleeve down.

"My parents came home yesterday"

I know his parents are the worst. That's why Marcello moved to New York, and why Zeno hates to stay home. Every chance that he gets he's out of that house. He's begged Marcello to let him move to New York but Marcello keeps telling him just to finish high school. We have a few months left then we're out of here.

We both decided to leave the day after my birthday. I just want to get out of Sicily. It holds great memories but there's always a reminder. In New York I'm free. "You can always stay over at my place, you know that" He nods, hugging me tighter.

We jump apart hearing the library door slam shut. "Someones mad," He laughs. I continue to type my essay while he works on new music.

Valentino's pov

I see Anna and Zeno hugging tightly. I feel my heart turn into a fist. I angrily walk out of the library going into the bathroom trying to calm down. I shouldn't be upset because I know they're just friends but I am. Fuck I hate this feeling. It's the worst thing on this planet.

Calming myself down when I leave the bathroom the bell rings. Going to my lockers I get my bag along with my folder that has my music sheets in it. "Hey babe" Anna says, placing a kiss on my cheek. "You look angry?" I shake my head no taking her hand in mine. "I'm fine i'll take you to class" I wrap my arm around her holding her in my chest as we go downstairs to the dance and gymnastics studios.

"You sure you're alright?" She asks standing in front of her class. I don't want to talk about it right now. I don't want to see her angry or upset. "Yeah Bellissima i'm good" She stands on her tiptoes pressing a kiss to my lips smiling at me.

"I love you"

"I love you more" I smile at her watching her walk inside the studio. I go through the stairs to my class sitting in the back. I put the sheets on the stand taking out my laptop, tying the notes.

The rest of the day is hell. I still can't get that ache out of my chest. I've tried and tried but it seems like nothing works. I go into the locker room changing my pants into shorts. I take off my uniform shirt and jacket and put it in my bookbag while I open my duffel to get my cleats out. Sitting on the bench I tie them Achilles sits next to me tying his. "You look annoyed" He says I huff zipping my duffel bag.

"Do you ever get upset when you see Sofia with her friends? Like you know there are only friends but you still get that ache?"

"Yeah I get that but then I remember I'm dating Sofia she's not dating them. I get upset but I would never tell her not to be friends with a person. With time it gets easier and you see that person isn't so bad"

Before I can say something, coach comes in telling us to hurry up. The newbies rush out onto the field. I take my time. They'll learn that the coach isn't strict; he'll let you play around as long as you're doing what you have to. "Alright we're just going over shooting skills right now partner up" Alessio throws the ball to me going down to the end where the net is.

I see Anna walking out with Sofia and Zeno, the three of them laughing about something. She smiles looking at him and the ache comes back in my chest. "Dude it's a fucking ball it did nothing to you" Alessio says, I brush him off contuining to run drills with him. My mind just keeps going back to Anna and Zeno. It's taunting me. Over and over again it plays in my head. It's as if it's telling me I'm losing her.

I can't lose her.

I don't want to lose her.

"Marino ease down on the strength, it's just a drill" Coach says looking at Alessio who is kneeling to the floor couching. Shit it's not my fault that he can't catch the ball. He's not the goalie but we're going over that drill right now. Our main goalie is out sick until tomorrow. "Alright we'll run a scrimmage now" Coach splits us in two groups.

My mind isn't even focused on the game right now. It's focused on Anna. My beautiful Anna. For a moment her eyes stare into mine with a smile as she mouths 'I love you' to me. My heart starts to speed up just reading that.

When practice ends Achilles asks if I can bring Anna to the house since he's bringing Sofia. I tell him it's not a problem seeing her waiting for me by my car. I opened the door for her, letting her sit inside first. I turn on the car putting the a/c high pulling out of the parking lot.

My hand goes on her thigh. I let her trace patterns up and down my skin.

"I was jealous" I blurted out she looked at me weirdly. "I saw you and Zeno in the library and I had an ache in my chest. Then at practice you kept smiling at him. I know it's stupid but there was just that pain that couldn't go away. I know he's your best friend but I just don't want to lose you"

"Val you won't lose me and especially to Zeno. He is my best friend and I could never leave you. Baby just talk to me about it."

"I didn't want you to get mad"

"I wouldn't be mad. You see how you're just talking to me right now that's how we'll always be. There's no need for us to argue"

"I'm sorry"

"Don't say sorry my love it's a feeling we all get sometimes"

"I love you"

"I love you so much more"

---------------

Hey guys

My heart breaks for Zeno. I really feel bad for him.

Q/A~Would you be jealous if you were in Val's shoes?

1182 words

Don't forget to follow the Characters Instagram <3

Annabethmorelli

Valentinoxmarino

Until we meet again <3

-Yaniris0919 <3