Bonus Chapter

Annabeth's pov

21st birthdays are such a big thing in America.

Maybe because it's finally the age where everyone can do everything. I've been doing it for years though. It's different in Sicily and the fact that my parents were always open with me.

"Mom it's okay I know you tried to come, I'm not mad. We can't control Mother Nature" I tell mom on the phone. There's a huge storm hitting Europe. It's been thundering and raining for days. No flight has been able to leave.

Moms crying because everyone usually flys out to New York and I spend my birthday with my family. This year they can't fly out for 4 days till now. I know it's not their fault I'm not mad at them. They did everything they could.

"Anna but it your birthday"

"Mom it's 4 in the morning over there you need sleep. I promise I am not mad. I know you want to be here. I should have flown out home"

"No Anna. I wouldn't let you. When we all went to Milian it was different. I don't want you to come back home Unless you're ready. Last year when you tried to come on the plane with us you broke down. I won't put you through that."

"Mom I have to get over it sometime"

"No end of discussion Anna. You come when you are ready."

"Fine mom it's late go to sleep I'll call you when I wake up"

"Good night Anna I love you. Happy birthday"

"Thank you mom I love you more"

It's a few minutes till midnight but it's way too late for her to be up. Mom and dad have helped me with everything I needed.

I couldn't be more appreciative of them. Without them I wouldn't have come here and gotten better. I wouldn't have become the best person I can.

New York in July is hot. Not as hot as August but still hot. I put my hair up in a bun washing my face. I need something to eat.

I'll order pizza or something. I call it in telling the front desk it should be coming in 20 minutes. I go downstairs not seeing anyone. They're definitely up to something.

It's never this quiet in the house. Even when we're sleeping there's always at least one person who's up.

Opening my laptop I put my headphones on starting to finish some of the mission files. I control the warehouse in New York so I do all the paperwork.

"Happy Birthday Anna" I hear a loud voice yell. Ricardo holds a cake while Andrea lights the candles and Adeli holds Vito.

Marcello stands behind me closing my laptop taking out my headphones. They start to sing happy birthday and a smile comes to my face.

I blew out the candles. Ricardo sets the cake on the table. Marcello takes the frosting, putting it on my face and all over my lips.

"Marcello oh my god" he smiles at me pressing a kiss to my lips taking the frosting off.

"Happy birthday princess"

He smiles at me pulling me closer to him. "Thank you my love" He wipes the rest of the frosting off my face. The guards knock on the door and Riccardo goes to get it. My pizza is here finally. Riccardo sets it on the table while Andrea put's the cake in the freezer.

Pizza and Ice Cream. I'm already in the best mood.

"Why would you order pizza?" Marcello asks while sitting next to me. I take Vito out of Adeli's arms grabbing a slice. "Because I'm hungry, duh. Vito, you want some baby?" The two year old nods trying to grab it from me.