Prologue

Tricia's Point of View

With the pandemic happening, I already accepted that I may not be able to go to Seattle for the internship that I applied for at Seattle Grace hospital a few months ago. But here I am, moving some of my things into my new apartment, preparing to start my new job in a few days.

"Bilisan mo nga Patty, ang bigat ng box na dala dala ko oh," I heard Ate Aika complain from behind me while Jill was snickering.

"Lalim ng iniisip natin ah."

I glared at both of them, letting out a puff of air as I dragged both the suitcases that I brought with me closer. "Oo na, eto na nga oh, chill ka lang."

Since Mama can't fly to Seattle with me, Ate Aika flew with me while we just met Jill at the airport, the both of them insisting to help me move into my apartment. We moved past the lobby and into the elevator, noticing another woman standing there. 

She looked like a Filipino. 

She's pretty.

She had brown skin and I noticed her dark hair was in a messy bun while she had her reading glasses on, holding a book in her hand. I tilted my head a little so that I could see the title of the book she was reading.

Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine

Hmm... internal medicine. Maganda na nga, mukhang matalino pa. 

I felt someone nudge me, making my head snap at my sisters who were looking at me amused. Jill leaned in closer so that she could whisper. "Wag maging Marites, Ate."

"Dun ka nga." I huffed and playfully pushed her away from me. 

The elevator door opened so we trudged into it, struggling a little bit because of the boxes. I noticed that the girl also entered the elevator with us. She looked over and gave us a smile before going back to what she was reading.

I have no idea why, but that made me feel some type of way.

Bakit ang init?

I felt Ate Aika nudge me while Jill was covering her mouth, trying to stop herself from laughing. "Bat namumula pisngi mo?"

"Ang init kasi, ang bigat kaya ng hawak ko."

"Nakakahiya naman sa dalawang box yung dala." Ate said while nudging the boxes she put down with her foot.

I looked at Jill and pointed at her. "Tignan mo nga yung isa jan oh, yung maliit na napsak ko lang yung dala."

"Buti nga I still came with you eh."

I playfully rolled my eyes and folded my arms. "Utang na loob ko pa pala sayo na sumama ka."

We heard someone clear their throat making the three of us look up. That is when we noticed that the elevator stopped and the girl was trying to get out but we were blocking the way. 

"Ay sorry," I apologized bashfully, moving the huge suitcase closer to us.

Puta, mas mabigat pa ata toh kaysa sakin eh.

She gave us another smile, muttering a small 'thank you' as she took her leave. My eyes followed her figure until she took a turn. When the door closed, I leaned my head on the wall of the elevator and let out a breath I didn't know I was holding. 

I felt my sisters staring at me making me bring up my middle finger and flip them off, causing them both to laugh. I opened my eyes and chuckled with them. They are insufferable but I love them so much.