034 // Suprise, Suprise

Third Person's Point of View

March 13, 2022

March has come so fast, both Teddy and Tricia have been busy with their own things and have only been seeing each other during house-to-house and campaign stuff. Right now they just came from the Bacolod rally where about 86,000 people attended, continuing to effectively blow everyone's mind, but right now, Tricia, Aika, and Teddy had to fly back to Quezon Province for a sortie. 

 Teddy, who was sitting at the window seat while Aika and Tricia sat beside each other, looked at the sisters suspiciously when they both were whispering to each other. 

She had noticed that they both had been acting suspiciously, both of them always on thier phones, which was unusual for the two. 

Landing at NAIA, the three of them entered the van and started making their 4-hour drive to Quezon Province. As usual, Teddy and Tricia sat beside each other. 

"You're tired na?" Tricia asked when she noticed that Teddy's eyes were closing. The younger girl nodded her head and leaned her head on Tricia's shoulder. She ran her hand through her dark hair making Teddy smile. "Don't worry, sabi ni Mama na nakareserve na yung mga rooms sa hotel, so you could take a nap muna."

"I don't understand pala why we have a hotel when the apartment is just 4 hours away naman, gumastos pa kayo," Teddy mumbled, grabbing her phone to update their sibling group chat.

Tricia and Aika looked at each other before Tricia decided to just shrug her shoulders. "Tapos ikaw mapapagod? Okay na yun, para makapag rest tayo."

Teddy decided not to argue further, knowing she can't do anything else anymore since the rooms were already reserved. So instead, she took a small nap.

> > > > > >   < < < < < <

Tricia's Point of View

Since mamayang 12 pa yung check-in, we decided to leave our things at the hotel resort already so that we could go to the volunteer center and meet up with the people who are joining us on today's house-to-house. I watched Teddy look around the hotel in confusion, making Ate and I look at each other concerned. 

"Bakit parang ang mahal naman ng hotel na pinareserve ni Tita for us?"

Deciding to distract her, I called her over to help with my bags even though I didn't need any help. Teddy, as a Teddy, was by my side instantly. "Thank you."

It was going to be Teddy's birthday in 2 days, and we decided to have a birthday surprise for her today para masuprise talaga siya. It took me a while to arrange this, pero I know it's going to be worth it, especially when she sees the people flying out to see her.

It didn't take long before we drove to the volunteer center, and we let the house-to-house begin.

> > > > > >   < < < < < <

We were in the middle of face-to-face when Joe called. Making sure that Teddy was far, I answered the call. "Hi Ate, kakagaling ko lang sa airport, on the way na kami."

I looked around and saw that Teddy was talking to a few of the youth that was with us, an excited smile on her face as she talked to them, making me smile too. 

"Okay, ingat kayo, nasa house-to-house pa kami. You guys have the reservation naman diba?"

"Yes po Ate, ingat din kayo diyan."