006 // Tension

Tricia's Point of View

It's been a week since Ate flew to New York, so right now she's back home na with Mama already. I prepared for the day, put my scrubs on, and then ensured all my things were here before leaving the apartment. 

I was walking through the parking lot when I saw Teddy walking into the apartment building holding bags of groceries. I immediately went over and helped her with the paper bag that was about to fall. 

"Woah!" She looked at me surprised and smiled. "Thank you so much, Trish."

"I'll help you bring these up to your apartment," I smiled at her and grabbed a few other bags. "Ikaw kasi eh, kailangan ba talagang buhatin lahat?"

She turned to me with a serious look. "I refuse to go back to my car just to grab more grocery bags when I could carry everything all at once."

I shook my head and chuckled, going back into the apartment building and going to her apartment. It was weird doing this since I would usually only go to the 7th floor (where my apartment is) and instead, I left the elevator on the 5th floor (Teddy's apartment).

I followed behind her, looking around at the unfamiliar floor. She stopped at the apartment 4 doors away from the elevator and watched her struggle to get the keys from her pocket making me chuckle. "Akin na nga yung iba."

"No, I could do this, I promise." She kept struggling so I stepped back and turned, trying to stop myself from laughing. Once she was able to grab the keys, she turned to me with a playful glare. "We would never speak of this."

I grinned and nodded my head, using my free hand to motion myself zipping my lips closed, locking the imaginary lock, and throwing the key before throwing it away. 

She grinned back and opened the door to her apartment. "Welcome to my humble abode."

Her apartment is as big as mine but the layout of the whole apartment seemed inverted. There were a lot of plants compared to mine and the color scheme was different. We moved to the kitchen and instead of the white cabinets that I had in my apartment, she had the dark grey ones. 

"You want anything? Water? Coffee? Coke? Wine?" 

My eyebrows shot up when she suggested the last one. "Wine? It's 6 am."

She shrugged and looked at me with a grin. "That never stopped me before." She laughed and moved to put some of the meat she bought in her freezer. "I hope you don't mind, I'll just put these away tapos sabay na tayo pumunta sa hospital. Just make yourself at home."

I nodded my head and took the time to look around her apartment. We both have a 2-bedroom apartment. The kitchen itself already said so much about her. It was clean, sleek, and modern. She had a bowl of fruit displayed in the middle of the marble counter, a few plants, and then a spice rack.

My gaze went over to the living room where there were a bunch of plants scattered around, then the wall had a bunch of various kinds of guitars (from electric to acoustic, there was even a ukulele), and a violin. In the same corner, there was an organ and an electric drum kit.

She had a Vinyl collection on a rack she had with a record player and a bunch of them were displayed with the guitars. 

You could really tell so much about a person by how thier apartment looks, and so far what I am getting is that she is a music lover.