039 // Family Ties

Third Person's Point of View

They were all finally back in Quezon City, the older Lopez siblings and thier families have temporarily made thier space in Theo's apartment so they are all living in one space again. The last time this happened was 20 years ago when Teddy was 6 before Jarius went to the United States for college. 

They didn't even live together back in New York since Teddy has her own apartment so she stayed there during the holidays, and she would just drive to Isla's or Jarius' home for the celebration itself.

It was smart that Teddy got an apartment big enough to fit everyone. Jarius, Stephanie, and their kids all shared one room (having put some extra mattresses but it was big enough to occupy all of them comfortably), and Isla had the room adjacent to it where she and her daughters could comfortably stay.

Joe, on the other hand, decided to take the couch. She liked saying that her older sister forced her to sleep there even though Teddy actually offered to sleep on the couch and for her to take her bed instead. 

But she would only reply a 'hindi, okay na, matanda ka na alam kong masakit likod mo. Kawawa ka naman' every time, taking a dig at her age. And Teddy would always playfully kick her out of the apartment, claiming that she had her own apartment naman, but she would never budge. She would actually cuddle closer to the pillow on the couch, giving her older sister a cheeky (and slappable) grin.

You may think that having all of them under one roof is great, but they forgot to take into consideration thier jobs and the little space there is in her apartment. You would think that the children were the noisy ones, but alas, it was actually the opposite.

"Josephine, close the motherfucking door! I'm in an important meeting!"

"Isla, yung bunganga mo."

"Inggit ka nanaman sa malaki kong bunganga, Kuya."

"Can everyone please be quiet? I'm also in a meeting."

"Sorry, Ate Steph... Kuya, I'm not sorry to you."

"I- Apaka mo talaga-"

"ATE PAHIRAM NG CHARGER!!"

"SINONG ATE???"

"KUNG SINO MAN MAY CHARGER!"

"HERE!!" Stephanie screamed out, throwing the charger towards Joey, who didn't see it coming so it hit her head. She let out a loud 'OW!' as her hand went straight to her forehead while Jao looked at his wife and high-fived her, muttering a 'good shot, babe' proudly.

A knock on the door brought Teddy's attention off of her laptop so she quickly stood up and got to the door before anyone of her siblings got it before her. 

She had been waiting for Tricia for an hour as the older girl insisted to give her the full second-date experience. Door-to-door service. Before Tricia could realize what was happening, Teddy grabbed her arm and pulled her out with her. 

"BYE GUYS!! I'LL SEE YOU GUYS WHEN I GET BACK, OKAY, LOVE YOUS, BYEEEEEE!!" Teddy screamed out, making Tricia look at her amused. 

"HOY TEDDY!! YUNG PINAPABILI KO NA PHONE!"

"Ikaw naman Kuya, may date nga eh, magpapabili ka pa?"

"Bakit? Masama ba? Eh lalabas naman siya eh..."

"Jao, just buy your phone tomorrow," Stephanie said while keeping her attention on the laptop in front of her.

"But-" He stopped talking when his wife gave him a look. "Fine."