040 // Resident Terror

Third Person's Point of View

Tricia walked into the hospital holding a lunch box containing both her and Teddy's lunch for later, the younger resident having been in the hospital much earlier than her. Though Dr. Lopez really intended on coming to the hospital earlier, she was called in at 5 in the morning to help with the Emergency Room since the hospital that they were working on was severely understaffed. 

She put her glasses up the bridge of her nose, looking around the ER to find the person she had missed so badly. Then there she was, standing there looking down at her charts, her lab coat on her as she talked to an intern she was handling. 

Patricia was about to walk toward her when she heard 2 interns talking in front of her. They were blocking the way and she was about to excuse herself so that she could pass through but then a name caught her attention. 

"Bago yang si Doctor Lopez diba?" the intern asked their fellow intern.

They hummed and her head. "Resident Terror daw tawag sa kanya eh."

"Bakit?"

"May pinagalitan daw siya kanina," both of them looked at Teddy, who had a few interns around her who looked like they wanted to talk to her about something but they looked terrified and reluctant. "At parang ang cold niya kasi."

It honestly reminded Tricia of how she felt when she was an intern and Teddy was her resident. She forgot how intimidating she was, having been used to her happy and smiley self when they were with each other's families and during the whole campaign so far. 

"Alam mo ba, may mga kwento about sa kanya nung nasa Seattle siya. Apprently, nagoperate siya habbang nasa elevator nung intern palang siya."

The other intern looked at her fellow intern in disbelief. "Weh? Parang hindi naman totoo."

"Totoo daw, kasi biglang nagblack out tapos hindi nila mapagana yung generator."

Tricia's eyebrows furrowed, wondering how people here knew about it. She knew about it, seeing as George proudly told her what happened in that elevator since he was the one holding the flashlight so both Alex and Teddy could see, but she didn't know that even the people here in the Philippines knew. 

Her attention went back to Teddy, whose eyebrows furrowed as she explained something to one of the (very scared) interns about the medical charts of one of the patients in the ER. 

"Pero, kahit cold siya, and astig niya kaninang umaga ah..."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
> > This morning < <

Teddy walked into the hospital wearing a white button-up shirt that had the first 3 buttons unbuttoned, showing off the black corset-inspired lace top, half of the button-up shirt tucked in her jeans. She was also wearing tight high waited jeans that hugged her legs perfectly, nude stilettos, and her black Gucci belt. 

To say she was eye-catching was an understatement. 

"I'm going to be flying over the first week of April," she said into the phone that she held up to her ear. Her first stop for today was the Resident's locker room so she could change into her scrubs. She held her phone in her right hand while her handbag hung from her left. "Might pass by New York before going home since I have a few business meetings I need to attend."