007 // Babysitter (Part 1)

Tricia's Point of View
February 20, 2021

"Only those I find beautiful"

It's been a month since Teddy said that to me and it just kept replaying in my mind ever since. Did I ask about it? Did I ever bring that up again? Of course not, pero yun yung naiisip ko when I wake up in the morning and it's the last thing I think about before I go to bed at night. It also doesn't help that I work with her. 

Hindi narin kami masyadong nag-uusap outside the hospital since we both had been busy. She's handling 5 interns so I don't expect her naman to give me all of her attention every time, they also deserve to learn. Eh very hands-on siya mag turo. 

That is also something I admire about her. She doesn't show much emotion sa work place, in fact, ngayon kp nakikita kung bakit intimidated siya sa kanya. She's intelligent and quick. Pero she's also very gentle and patient. Madami talaga kaming natututunan. 

Over the last month, I gave gotten closer to my fellow interns, lalo na sina Lexie, George, and the other 3 interns that are under Teddy. Si Jonathan lang talaga yung hindi ko masyadong nakakausap. 

"Oh my gosh, ang galing niya," I heard Jill gush from the other side of the laptop. 

Ate Aika, Jill, and I were in a Zoom call, just our weekly catch-up session between the Tres Marias. When I told them about how Teddy plays all these instruments last week, Jill immediately searched her up and found her youtube channel. 

It was old and she obviously was not posting anymore since the last time she posted something was 4 years ago, but it was full of videos of her singing.

Have I watched all of her covers since then? You have no evidence. 

An original song that she posted a few years back started playing, it was a coming out song, and it was good. It's constantly stuck in my head and I had to stop myself from humming it whenever I was on duty kasi she doesn't know that Jill found her channel.

"Ito ba yung apartment niya today?" Jill asked while facing the phone towards us. 

I squinted and shook my head. "Nope, I think dorm niya yan nung nasa Stanford siya."

"Hinay-hinay lang Jill, mamaya mainlove ka sa kanya. Tandaan, kay Patty siya," Ate Aika teased while doing work on her computer.

I scoffed and rolled my eyes It didn't help that Jill was laughing obnoxiously loud. 

"Pero ang daya, she met the both of you na officially pero ako hindi pa," Jill said with a pout. "Pupunta talaga ako diyan sa Seattle, Ate."

"Wag ka ngang OA," I grinned at the favorite child. "Diba nga Ate and I will just be flying over there. Wag nang ibahin ang plano."

Jill's pout stayed on her face making me chuckle. "Eh birthday ko naman."

"Jill stop na, I booked my flight already, alam mo ba ang mahal magparebook." Ate Aika decided to but in. "And you have work. Ano? Magleleave ka para lang makita yung linalandi ng Ate mo?"

I gasped, looking at Ate wide-eyed (who looked unbothered by the way) while Jillian was laughing once again. Para nang hihikain eh. 

"Ate naman, akala ko kakampi ka sakin eh."

I saw Ate's eyebrow twitch, her eyes leaving the screen for a second so she could look at me. "Bakit? Hindi ba totoo? Ang lalandi niyo kaya. Maypaopen pa siya ng door."

"Oo nga ate," Jillian joined in on the teasing. "Ano ulit yun? She only opens doors for people who, what? She finds beautiful?"

The glare I was giving them only made them laugh harder. I groaned and grabbed the pillow beside me, shoving my head into it.