026 // Pink Sunday Rally

Theodora's Point of View

We are driving back to Quezon City today, we're planning on just eating breakfast and then grabbing lunch on the road so we still had a few hours to enjoy our stay here in Tagaytay.

Me being the usual morning person I woke up at 5 in the morning, and since everybody was still sleeping, I decided to out for some laps in the pool.

This is also the first time since we have arrived that I get to have a bit of alone time to let everything just sink in. So I went into my comfort room, changed into my swimsuit, and left Joe and I's a room with my phone, goggles, towel, and room key.

Bending my neck from side to side, stretching my limbs so I won't cramp and so my body would not ache after, I dove into the cold water, breaking through, and then going for a simple freestyle, letting my mind wander while I swam.

My body, at this point, was going into autopilot.

Yesterday I spent most of my time with Natalia and Alonso in the pool. A big part of it is because I don't know how to face Tricia. What will I say? How can I explain why I get flustered around her?

I wasn't avoiding her or anything, I was just merely not actively seeking her attention. We both have been sending each other mixed signals, doing these things we would not do for other people while also introducing each other to people in our lives as best friends. But I have a feeling that they know we are more than that. I think it's just a matter of who will make the first move.

Feeling the water glide along my skin as I take my 3th (hehehe) lap in the pool, I close my eyes and relax. I stood at the end of the pool, lifting myself as I took the time to look around. It was incredibly early, so it was a shock to me when I saw someone walking into the area. 

"I knew you were going to be here," Ate Aika said, putting her towel down beside my things. 

I gave her a grin and started walking to the other side to meet her. She had her swimsuit on and she was also holding her goggles. "You know me naman, Ate. I like waking up early."

"Sign of old age na yan," she teased, seating at the edge of the pool and letting her feet just sway in the water, trying to get used to the temperature of the pool. 

I scoffed and shook my head. "You're one to talk, Ate. Paalala lang, mas matanda ka sakin mga 7 years."

"Bakit biglang may mga numbers involved na? Wag ganyan."

I laughed and got an idea, so I looked at her with a challenging look making her return the look. "Sige, let's not involve numbers. To settle this, we could race?"

The grin on Aika's face widened, finally plopping down into the water, she put her goggles on and faced me. "Okay, freestyle? 2 laps?"

"Sige, we don't want you to get too tired,  Ate," I said, putting so much emphasis on the word 'Ate'.

Despite the fact her goggles were reflective, I could imagine her rolling her eyes. "You'll eat your words, Lopez, sinasabi ko sayo."

"Mhm," I chuckled, facing the water, "We'll see about that."

We both stretched, both of our competitive sides showing up.

"Okay Ready..." Ate Aika trailed off but before I knew it, she was pushing off. "Go."

I let her glide under the water, watching her breakthrough, before shaking my head and diving in myself. I streamlined, using the dolphin kick so my breakthrough was halfway through the pool. Once my body was back up, I changed to flutter kicks, making sure that they were small and fast, just like what my coach taught me.