08

"Hey"

"Hey baby, I missed you so much today" you hugged your boyfriend tight, wrapping your hands around his neck.

After a long day at work, being with your fiancé was the best thing you could do to relax yourself a bit and distance from all the things related to your job.

Unfortunately you couldn't always do that since Hiro often had to travel all across Japan or even abroad because of of his job.
You didn't like that situation that much but you were willing to tolerate it.
Anything for him.

Not that you didn't like working for Sanzu.
You loved it.

But sometimes you needed that break.
Because when you worked a lot, you could feel the stress of the week summing up on your back, even if you loved your job and the money it gave you. And the evening was the best time for you to do that, especially if it was with Hiro.

"Mhh I missed you too" Hiro hugged you back and pressed your body to his "How was work today?"

"All fine, yours? Are you gonna get that promotion your boss told you about?" You glanced at him.
You were so proud. He was just 23, like you, yet he was a well-known engineer who worked for many industries in the whole Japan and even earned a lot of money.

You loved money.

Maybe you did because you started working for Bonten, and Kokonoi affected you with his ideal. Money were the real thing, the real happiness.

You could do anything with it.
Buying a car, a mansion, therapy for your parents, an expensive dinner out.
You could even buy people if you had a lot of money. Not literally, of course.

But it didn't affect the relationship you had with your boyfriend. It was always the same, also because he didn't know you would earn a lot more than him just by working for a pink-haired man.

"Yeah next week I'll get that promotion, I'll start earning 30% more of what I usually do... I'm so happy" he sighed and kissed you again "And you? What about your job?"

"Oh the salary is always the same" you chuckled "But I like working there, it's fun sometimes"

"Mhh and your boss?"

"What about him?" You tilted your head in confusion.

"Does he try to... uhm... hit on you?"

"Oh? Not at all! Hiro baby why would you say something so stupid" you laughed. "He's very respectful"

You started thinking he was kind of jealous of Sanzu and a bit insecure since the time he saw him. Once, you went to have a dinner out with Haruchiyo, because Hiro really wanted to meet him. And from that day he started acting a bit weird.

But as you said, you would never change your boyfriend for no one. No one.
You loved him too much.

"I don't like you staying the whole day there... Why don't you quit your job?" He smiled, caressing your waist.

"What? I can't do that... I just started paying my parents' therapies... plus, I told you I like working there... I don't want to quit"