41

"Dad! Dad oh my god!" You ran inside the room in which your father had been hospitalized.

You came to know that Haruchiyo received a text from the hospital while you were dealing with Rindou and during the training session, he thought of how he could tell you.

So he pulled you out of the training room, and during your way home, he eventually told you, already knewing you were gonna have a negative reaction.

Knowing that, you told him you wanted to go to the hospital as soon as possible, so there you were.

"Dad how are you?" You sat right next to his bed, holding his hand tight "What happened?"

You rushed to the room as fast as you could since the nurses told Haruchiyo that your father had a stroke due to his critical health conditions, caused by many years of being addicted to alcohol.

And Haruchiyo came with you.
He had a lot to do that day but supporting you in such a hard time was more important since he knew how much you cared about you father.

"Nothing Y/n.. I just felt very weak.."

"Bullshits!" You screamed, still panicking.

"Babe.. don't raise your voice.." Haruchiyo rested his hand on your shoulder, speaking gently "We're in a hospital, other people are here"

You sighed heavily and took his hand in your to get some comfort out of his presence, then looked back at your dad "Did you drink again?"

"What? No no! I'm not that stupid-"

"You did once already. Two months ago." You were so angry in that moment. Mostly because you did everything for your parents to start therapy and get cured but they seemed not to care much about you efforts.

"I promise I didn't now. It was just a stroke.. I'm good now, I'm feeling better I promise.."

"Just a stroke... Just..." You rubbed your hands on your face, also shaking your head "And where's mom..?"

"Yeah.. about that.." he sighed, glancing at the landscape out of the window "She's somewhere else now.."

"Where is she??"

"She's home.. her home"

"Why? She should be here.. with you- wait what do you mean by 'her'?"

Haruchiyo immediately understood what was happening so he sat next to you and wrapped his arm around your waist, trying to comfort you before you knew.

"We are divorcing, Y/n.."

Those three words were capable of paralyzing you in an instant, they were so hard to process and even harder was to elaborate what would have happened next.

"W-What.."

Tears immediately formed at the corners of your eyes, rolling down, light like feathers as you didn't even notice you were crying "This is a joke, right? If so, it's not funny.."

"It's not, Y/n... we wanted to tell you together but we didn't know how.. so we just agreed on telling you whenever one of us had the chance.."

"Why this..? You've been married for more than 20 years.. why this now? Why after so many years?" Your throat trembled too and some words even had a hard time to come out from your lips.

Sadly, you knew why your parents were getting a divorce, still you wanted to hear it from one of them.

"Y/n.. you're old enough to understand that your mother and I were only together just thanks to our problems... There is no love between us, or at least isn't anymore... And therapy helped the both of us understand that it wasn't a healthy relationship... We only lived hell and we made you live hell."