35

"Haru? Did you take your meds?" You slowly walked through the french windows to approach you partner in the backyard.

"Not yet.." he huffed out the smoke of the cigarette he was holding between his index and middle finger.

"Come on.. you were supposed to take it a hour ago baby.." you sat on the free space on his sunbed where he was lay, next to him, and gently ran your hand through his hair.

"But I'm good, I don't need it" he took off his glasses shooting a sweet look at you, trying to get away with it.

"What about last night?"

"It was nothing.."

"Nothing? You were about to have a stroke despite taking the meds.." you raised your eyebrow, worry spreading all over your face.

"You need to understand that you're not cured yet. It will take way more time than you expected" you added "But you don't need to worry, I will be right here by your side, forever. And I'll take care of you, okay?"

A few seconds of silence followed your sentence, you were sure Haruchiyo was nervous about his and your future.

Scared that maybe things wouldn't go as planned, that something could happen and tear the two of you apart.

He was an introvert, all his fears were hidden in the dept of his heart and mind, but you always managed to dig inside of them and know what he was going through.

Nothing new for him, but he was surprised everytime.

Still not having an answer from him, you slowly lowered your head on his pectorals and looked at him right deep inside his green orbs, still remaining silent.

"And you?"

"What about me?" You slightly furrowed your eyebrows as the sighed out the smoke right on your face. You liked it though.

"Will you be okay? I mean.. you've always been taking care of people since you were little.. I feel bad making you do this again.." you could tell he was deeply sorry for dragging you in his problems, and in that moment you understood why he didn't tell you anything at first.

Before he could shift his head to a side and lay his glossy eyes somewhere else, you held his chin so he could still have his eyes on you.

"Look at me... Do I look like I'm suffering?"

"I don't know.., you're the one who can read minds.." his sentence made you escape a soft chuckle through your lips.

"I'm more than okay, baby. I really feel at peace right now because I am with the man I truly love, and I want to make you feel at peace as well.
Taking care of you is not a burden for me.
You are not a burden..."

Hearing those words coming from the person he loved the most, really did something inside of him.
He never witnessed such sweetness and care from people, neither from her sister or brother.

Not because they didn't love him, but things got complicated pretty quickly and the three of them never had enough time to strengthen their relationship.

Trauma, their father's abandonment, loneliness, bullying, drug addiction, violence, criminality.

He never had a peaceful life despite he was desperately looking for one (in the wrong way).

"Haru?" You sweet tone gently pulled him out of his overthinking session "Are you here?"

"Y-yeah.. I'm just.. A-am I really not a burden to you?" His voice instantly cracked, making your heart sink but your mouth curve in a soft smile.