10

K I N G

I despise talking to the cops. No one at my party was hurt and no one was caught.

It messed Ella up pretty bad tho.

She told me she got scared when someone opened the door, so she locked herself around me and a guy came in with a gun with a laser getting ready to shoot.

The guy that got shot died, and it was seen as self-defense so there will be no charges. Even if there were charges brought up I told them I shot him, and Ella wasn't part of it.

She's not going to be locked up because of me.

Holding onto her she rests her head on my chest and I kiss the top of her head, "don't worry about any of this. I got you, and I got a place for us to sleep if you don't want to go back to your parents for tonight," I tell her and she looks up at me, "thank you, King," she says sounding way more relaxed than she was before.

I should be thanking her for saving my life.

"You don't need to thank me," I lean down pressing my lips against hers, and then pull away saying, "you're safe with me and everything will make sense soon."

"King," someone calls out for me and I pull away opening the car door for her, she gets inside and I turn around to see my brother, "what the fuck do you want?"

I told him to be on the lookout for shit to happen like this, he was supposed to monitor who entered, and once the person we're supposed to takedown entered he was supposed to take him to the back.

No one knows he and I are brothers even though it's obvious, so we use that to our advantage.

Him taking him to the back of the house would've worked because it was a van to take him to get confirmation out about who his leader is, but clearly, that didn't work.

"I know I messed up, but listen I have a new plan. It's better and I did find information on him, he just got away," he whispers like it's someone we don't know is around- the cops left.

"What is it and hurry, I have to take her somewhere to lay down," I throw my hand in the air before rubbing my eye knowing damn well I'm tired too.

My brother looks at me irritated saying, "you were all about business until you met that girl. Don't be stupid," he points in my face and I grab his finger, "she's a friend, I don't fall weak for no one, so don't ever speak to me like that again."

I release his finger harshly and gets inside my car. Ella has her head leaned on the window asleep, I place my hand on her thigh, and look at her sleeping face for a second before driving away.

I understand my brother's frustration, but he needs to trust me when it comes to this type of stuff. Ella and I are strictly friends with benefits and I look after her because no one else does.

Even if I did like Ella in romantic ways I wouldn't let it get in the way of my family's legacy.

"Here are my keys," I hand Ella my car keys while in my office and reach in my pocket before handing her money, "and here is 50 dollars, go get some food."

She gives me a quick kiss before walking off happily, I stare at her ass moving in her grey jumpsuit, "god damn."

I should've grabbed it before she walked off.

Turning away I walk to my desk, and sits down, my brother walks in as soon as I sat down and he closes the door, "can we talk now?"

Nodding my head he walks over to me and sits across, "so the guy's name is Miro, he's the face protecting the culprit(s)," he has a book in his hand and shows me a picture of him.