33

K I N G

Ella's safety has moved itself the top of my priority list. Why? Because I think her family is going to come after me to 'hit me where it hurts.'

"No one has ever had a 24/7 watch. Not even you," Liam complains while we get inside of my truck.

I had a meeting with all of my assassins that are in the state telling them to keep taps on Ella when she's not with me, and Liam hated that idea. He knows not to challenge my decisions in front of people, so he sat there quietly collecting every insult he's itching to spew.

"What is your problem with her," I put my seatbelt on before continuing, "I love that fucking girl man, and yes I have the power to keep her from getting hurt, so I'm going to use it. And if you don't like it then maybe we shouldn't be around each other anymore."

I crank up my truck and Liam says in a vulnerable tone, "I don't want to see you hurt. Angela left you in the middle of the night without telling you, and Ella might do the same."

Angela was someone I saw myself marrying and building a family with despite us bumping heads all the time, everything was going smoothly for once until I announced I was coming to Texas 7 months ago.

"You guys just parted and you're jumping into a new relationship with this younger girl, and I'm an example of you can't trust them. They get what they want and leave," I glance over at him and he looks extremely broken.

"Angela and I were having problems before, so the break-up was easy to recover from. Something feels different with Ella, and just because her brother ran you threw the dirt doesn't mean she'll treat me the same way," I start driving to my home that's ducked off.

I left Ella there because I know that's the safest place she can be and its camera's all over the house, so I dare someone to try something. I haven't killed anyone in a while, everyone has been staying low and keeping their distance.

Makes me question my every move.

"They were raised by the same people, she's not innocent," he says like he's trying to convince hisself of something.

"Ella wasn't raised by them, she raised herself. If you sat down and had a conversation with her you would know she's a lot like you," I respond.

Liam and Ella are a lot alike, and I wish he would see that she's more than what he makes up in his one-sided cranium.

"A lot like me in what way," he asks sounding genuinely curious.

"Well for one her parents favor her brother over her. Our parents favor me over you," I respond.

Our dad has always given me the most of something with a mellowed expression. Growing up I was excited to get more and expect more when it came to Christmas, our birthday, and just a simple day.

It got old when I was a late teenager. I would act out just for them to punish me and with every meeting with my teachers, I could see my dad fuming, but my mom wouldn't let him discipline me. Instead, I got rewarded with thousands and a contract with my father's business as soon as I was 18.

I took it, and I now regret it. I hate having power at times, and I would go half and half with my brother but I know he would be overwhelmed.

"You notice that," he asks and I sigh when we stop at a red light.

"I notice a lot of fucked up things about our family, but I also know who controls all of that."

My brother and I do look a lot alike, but he doesn't look like my mother. I've never seen the man that hurt my mother, and I don't want to see him. I always assumed that my mom didn't like my brother some days because he might look like the guy that hurt her.

The man I call my father has never seen us as one over the other, and he listened to my mom growing up because she could've taken us away from him. I have no idea why he's still with her when he has a woman that's been by his side.

I love Ms. Wed, and I wouldn't mind her being my stepmother.

Maybe she'll show my brother how it feels to have a mother, while our mother pretends to love him.

"Who," he asks sounding like he already knows the answer.

"Who do you think," I laugh unimpressed continuing to keep my eyes on the rocky road.

I hope they fix this shit soon.

"Our mother," he states but asks a question.

I pull into my driveway responding, "you are-" I stop when I see my front door open and immediately put my car in park.

I grab my gun out of my glove department Liam had already gotten out of the car, and I saw him stop in his tracks. That made me even more uneasy.

I run inside of my house only to see Ella talking to a woman, "hey, Hunny," Ella gets up from the couch, and when the woman turns around my jaw drops.

Angela.

"What's wrong with him," Ella asks Liam with an awkward laugh as I stare at Angela.

"Ella who do you think this is," I hear Liam ask.

Angela stands up and my eyes shoot down to her hands resting on her stomach.

"Her car broke down and this was the closest house so I let her in," she pauses for a second before asking, "why? I know King told me not to allow anyone in, but she's pregnant and she's a really fun person to talk to," she's completely oblivious to all of this.

Angela walks up to me and hugs me saying, "I've missed you, baby."

"No. No, don't touch him," Ella says sweet but firm and I back up moving her hands from around him.

"I can touch the father to my child, little girl" Angela states in a insult.

S O C I A L SInstagram : @pultoewritesPinterest: @pultoeeTiktok: @pultoe

S O C I A L S
Instagram : @pultoewrites
Pinterest: @pultoee
Tiktok: @pultoe