28

K I N G

Giving Ella a few light kisses on her forehead she whispers in her slumber, "Hunny, don't leave."

Before she went to bed she told me everything that happened and some stuff from her past. I want that man dead, but when they went to the spot Ella told us he was gone.

Which tells me he's alive.

"You're safe, rose," I kiss her forehead before saying, "I was just getting up to get you something to eat and to check up on Liam."

She nods her head asking, "can you unclip my bra, the wires are stabbing me," she sits up in bed and so do I.

I unclip her bra before getting out of bed and she lays down immediately closing her eyes. Leaning down I kiss her on her cheek, "I'll be right back, I promise," I tell her after pulling away.

Walking out of the room I let out a frustrated groan. The reason I didn't stay and kill Ezal was because I had to take Ella home and calm her down. I finally got her to bed after buckets of tears and lots of yelling from her brother's betrayal.

My team is supposed to take care of him until I come in tomorrow. I would allow them to beat him to death, but I want to do the killing.

Going into the kitchen I see Liam grabbing something from the refrigerator, "are you staying over," I ask and he jumps like I scared him.

I turn the light on and he turns it on me saying, "how could you?"

He slams the door to my refrigerator and I look at him confused, "how could I what," I ask grabbing a bowl.

"How could you do that to Ezal," he says his name lowly and I ignore it walking over to my refrigerator to grab fruit, "don't ignore my question," he yells and I sh him.

I don't need him waking up Ella.

"I'm ignoring it because we'll talk about that in the office, and he'll be handled before then so whatever the fuck you have to say to stop me it's too late," I say in a low holler.

Taking the fruit over to the bowl I put it inside and Liam responds, "you're the one too late."

What?

"I hope you didn't do anything stupid," I threaten to put all of my attention on him.

Everywhere my brother and I have gone it has not been a problem. Everything was simple, Liam was single and I was in a relationship for some time. We didn't mix business with personal life and if my father found out all of this was going on we would both be in some shit that's worse than this.

Liam always telling me Ella and I are too close like he doesn't see that Ezal is fucking over him to get what he wants.

If I have to fire him I will.

"The deal was we were only going to kill David after the yacht party so we can leave," he reminds me like I don't already know.

The plans change. I call the shots. If he would've told me where Ella was I could've been there and killed Miro with my own hands.

He's the reason she's reliving past experiences and Liam expects me to be okay with that?

"What the fuck did you do," I holler furious at the fact he thinks just because I give him a little say so in our technology department he can run what I decide to do.

I have a feeling he let him go which is stupid because now David knows where my undercover company is and can hurt the people working for me at any moment.

"I took him back to his apartment," he confirms my thoughts.

"You are the stupidest motherfucker," I holler.

He responds quickly with the same tone, "the only stupid one here is you, you're sleeping with a girl half your age and she's the daughter of your ex-best friend and enemy."

"You're emotionally involved with someone that's using you to kill not only me but you, fucking idiot," I switch languages just in case Ella wakes up and hears everything.

I don't want her to know about any of this.

He also switches languages saying, "I hope you aren't bringing her to that party, especially around mom."

My brother hates our mother. Rightfully so, she's done some messed-up things to him.

Everyone likes Ella, she's beautiful and kind and I'm sure my mother will love her and I know my father will. Especially since she did the Rodriguez case.

"She is coming because she doesn't want to go anywhere without me anymore, mom will like her as long as I do," I respond lowering my tone.

My mother has been dying for me to marry and if she hears I'm dating Ella she would be over the moon... well I'm not dating Ella but maybe I can convince her to lie about us being together. I want to be with her, so maybe in the next few months, it won't be a lie.

"She won't, so be ready for whatever she has to say," he shrugs his shoulders.

"Tell me what she's going to say. You haven't spoken to her in years, but you know so much about her don't you," I ask before clenching my jaw.

"Just see. I'm going home and don't expect me to be at that party, I'll meet you after the party on David's street," he walks out of the kitchen and I drag my palm across my face.

I can't wait to get out of Texas.

"How are you feeling," I ask watching Ella eat her fruit.

She presses her lips together before looking up at me and answering, "a little better," she lightly smiles and I lean over kissing her.

She kisses me back and we pull away before I ask, "how would you feel if I asked you to leave Texas with me?"

There might be more people besides Miro working for David I don't know about. Those people might try to hurt Ella when I leave the states, and I can't have that happen.

"If you make me more fruit I would leave with you right now," she smiles bigger this time with a laugh.

Her laugh makes me smile because I know she'll be okay after all of this.

"We can't leave right now, it's more complicated than that," I brush my thumb against the bruise on her cheek, and try to not get angry again I ask, "what's your favorite kind of fruit?"

She grabs my hand away from her face and holds onto it, "duh... pineapples," she answers.

Easing my eyebrows I laugh saying, "ohh... that explains it."

S O C I A L SInstagram: @pultoewritesPinterest: @pultoeeTiktok: @pultoe

S O C I A L S
Instagram: @pultoewrites
Pinterest: @pultoee
Tiktok: @pultoe