22

E L L A

Rain pours down while I have my hands tucked in my jacket pocket running down the wet road.

Perfect night to get this done.

King hates the fact he's letting me do this. I think it's just as simple as my last mission, seduce a guy and get files and a drive.

Easy.

Banging on the door of the house like it was an emergency I could hear him yelling, "I'm coming!"

The way King and Liam described this guy I would've thought he would've had a gate in front of his home and guards at the front door, instead it looks like a nice comfortable flat.

He strings the door open asking, "who are you and why are you banging on my door at 4 in the morning," his eyes widen when he sees me. Makes me feel uneasy.

If there's only one thing in this world I'm good at, It's making myself cry. I've been through so much growing up and thinking of past events in my head helps me cry.

And the rain messing up my hair is pushing me there, but King just doesn't know he's paying for my next hair appointment.

"I'm sorry, my car broke down and this is the first house I saw," I cry.

I thought he was going to be an old man with high-maintenance hot bodyguards opening the door for him, but he is the hot bodyguard. Not more attractive than King though, no one is more attractive than King in my eyes.

Right, when he was about to say something the phone in his hand goes off, and when he looks at it moves to the side saying while shoeing his hand inwards, "come in. Come in."

The only reason I walk in is that I looked at the same thing on my phone.

Tornado warning.

I walk inside and when he closes the door my body jumps, "no need to be scared, you came for help didn't you," he asks sounding like a genuine guy.

I wipe my fake tears away while turning around and he's strangely close, so I back up, "yes... I did," I say awkwardly laughing.

King told me to go upstairs to make sure I'm safe, but there isn't an upstairs.

His house is flatter than my chest.

"I usually don't allow people in my home," he walks past me and I turn around to see where he's going, "but you look exotic and trustworthy."

Am I a plant or animal?

"Exotic," I question with a laugh.

He leans against a wall of a hallway saying, "don't take offense to it. As you can see I live in a conservative town, nothing but traditional old folk out here."

When he smiles my face drops at how familiar he looks.

"What's your name," I ask my heart starting to pound.

I told King about a group of friends my dad used to have over when I was coming up, the friends that would slap me over a football game.

I still remember all of their names.

Tray Daniels

Luke Hunt

Curt Williams

And...

"Lee," he answers and my body starts to feel itchy.

Not because of my wet clothes sticking to my skin, but because he was a part of that group.