38

E L L A

My head throbs at the distant yelling.

I don't know what happened.

All I remember is reaching out for King and him grabbing me last minute before everything went dark.

My body is hot and I felt like I was taken out of it and shoved back in right before slipping away.

A cold breeze does hit the hot places on my arms and face, and when I finally dare to open my eyes I see my dad and Miro beating King up.

"Stop! You're going to kill him," I want to yell but it came out low and painful. It was loud enough for them to stop tho, they both turn around looking at me and I use the little bit of energy I do have to cry, "if you want me to be with Miro I will just let King go."

I know it's deeper than Miro and I being together, but it's worth asking. I don't want King to die because of me.

Liam was right.

I was a distraction and I distracted his mind. If we wouldn't have been so involved with each other he wouldn't be here. We left Liam's house because I needed more clothes and wanted to tell him something important without Liam being around.

We should've stayed.

"What does he have that I don't," Miro hollers now standing in front of me.

I don't answer because just like my father if it's not the answer he wants he'll hurt me, and King is tied down just like I am so he can't protect me from Miro's evil spirit.

"Answer me," he hollers turning red in the face.

He's more respectful.

He's more gentle.

He doesn't abuse me.

He takes care of every need of mine.

He doesn't praise or watch Andrew Tate.

"He's bigger than four inches," I tease with a smirk.

I don't think Miro has the balls to kill me. He beats me senseless, but he always stopped himself when he thought it was too much blood. Or if I was knocked out he rushed me to the ER. And like every other man that views women as punching bags, he found a way to manipulate me into believing his lies.

I was young and stupid, I always told myself I wouldn't put myself back into a relationship like that. At one point I wanted to start a company that helps women with abusive partners, mainly women with children.

Abuse rubs off on kids and I'm an example of it.

My dad beat the shit out of my mom up until I was 10 and my brother was 12.

I still remember me hiding in my brother's arms, knowing I'm next... or sometimes thinking I'm next.

Miro beat me and when I found out I was pregnant by him I thought I was going to be just like my mother, but in a way, she saved that child and me from a lifetime of hurt.

Abuse isn't okay, and I know that now... but it's too late.

He cocks his hand back and slaps me with so much force I see black dots, "you wanna be stupid!!? Then I should cut his penis off," he hollers.

"Don't you fucking touch her again," I hear King holler and I shake my head frantically at Miro's question.

I need to stop talking. It's digging us into a deeper hole.

Is what I thought until Miro smacked me again telling King, "get up and do something about it then," he teases and I keep my cheek pressed against my shoulder while silently crying.

I've never experienced this style of mental pain. I need to get out of here with King by my side.

King and Miro go back and forth, but I don't care to listen to it.

Taking my eyes off of the far-away wall I look at my brother standing there and staring down at his muddy shoes, "Ezal," I call out, "please don't let them do this," I cry.

He looks at me for one second before looking away when I feel cold metal being pushed against the side of my head, "I'll do it," Miro hollers and I squeeze my eyes as tight as I possibly can.

The tightness of my eyes doesn't stop tears from coming out of them.

He continues shoving the gun on my temple and I look at King with begging eyes to stop going back and forth with these people. I can't hear a damn thing, when I open my eyes all I see is a blur of anger in King's eyes and him talking.

The whole room was silent on my end and my ears feel like a fire is being lit on them. I've always had extremely sensitive ears and when loud stressful things are going on around me it's like they shut off.

I feel him take the gun away from the side of my head and I drop my head breaking down. Every tear drop multiplies, feeling like my tears are ripping small paper cuts on my cheek.

My ears form a deep heartbeat in them and I close my eyes at the throbbing pain. Needles stabbing at my brain through my ear is the best way to describe the agony.

My ears aren't the only pain I have, I feel like throwing up knowing I'm losing King and I might die along the way.

"It's okay rose," I lift my head seeing King is talking to me, but it's very faint.

I start turning my head and looking around the room seeing no one is in there but two men in black.

One guarding the exit which is behind King.

The other guarding the entrance which is behind me.

I lift my shoulder wiping the tears off of my face using my shirt

How is it going to be okay when he's going to be murdered in front of me and I might be killed too?

How is that okay?

S O C I A L SInstagram: @pultoewritesPinterest: @pultoeeTiktok: @pultoe

S O C I A L S
Instagram: @pultoewrites
Pinterest: @pultoee
Tiktok: @pultoe