20

E L L A

My anxiety is through the roof right now because I have a new job.

At least I'll get paid this time and I'm super excited about that. My brother and I share an apartment now, and I know sooner or later I'm going to have to start giving him money to pay my half. Even though I didn't sign the lease and none of the bills are in my name I still feel like I need to help.

I haven't told anyone about my past with Miro, and I don't want to. I want to move forward and put all of that behind me.

If he tries something with me now, I'll make sure to tell King so he can feel the pain he put me through but thousands of times worse.

Standing outside of the apartment King gives me one long kiss before pulling away and ending it with a few pecks.

Giving him a hug I press my head against his comforting chest, "you always smell so good," I compliment, not wanting to pull away.

I feel protected with King now that I know he means business when it comes to hurting someone over me. His presence is something that's slowly becoming a part of my everyday needs. Not just for sex, but to talk to someone that listens to me.

Talk, to someone that doesn't shut me up when I'm excited about something.

Talk, to someone that randomly showers me with compliments.

Talk, to someone that shows me how I'm supposed to be treated sexually and emotionally.

My future husband or wife has very high standards to surpass now.

"Liam's going to be so mad I'm late," he laughs wrapping his strong arms around me, "but it's worth it," he continues before kissing the top of my head.

I wish we could freeze time and make love right here.

Like Piper, from charmed.

I forced King to watch that show with me last night and when I woke up in the middle of the night he was still watching it. He did fuck me back to sleep and I think that's why I feel so attached to him right now.

"He's going to hate me even more, hun," I press my chin against his chest and looks at his pink lips as to tell him to kiss me.

It's like he knew and leaned down locking his lips into mine and like always not forgetting to get a hard grip on my ass, "mmm..." he groans into the kiss.

It's interrupted by King's phone ringing and we both sigh against each other's lips before completely pulling away, "Hello," he says answering it.

"I'm going to be there."

Pause.

"You act like you can't work without me."

Pause.

"So what if I'm with her."

Longer pause.

"I'll be there, just tell them about the," he looks at me before switching to Russian, "tell them to get ready to kidnap and kill the Freeman's but don't touch Ella. It'll be after the yacht party and I'm not fucking around with anyone on this mission. They better be ready to risk their lives."

Pause.

He hangs up the phone and I ask, "what's that about? Freeman's? Ella?" Pushing my eyebrows together and smirks down at me.

I hate when he switches to his first language in front of me. It makes me feel weird and pushed aside, if I spoke another language other than English I wouldn't do that to him.