21

K I N G

"We just want to protect you," I tell Liam as Ella plays the tape of Ezal on her phone.

She already played it for me in the car and I knew I should've trusted the voice in my head telling me not to trust Ezal. I did it for my brother because he's the one lost in love, but he tells me I'm the one blind in lust.

That's why he's trying to turn the tables on Ella, "how do we know you're not the one behind this fuck shit," he points his finger at Ella.

She giggles asking, "what's a fuck shit?"

He moves closer to her face hollering and still pointing, "don't play with me. You and your family are going to pay and I can't wait for the day you're hanging from my ceiling."

"Someone's getting in touch with his roots," she teases, I don't know what she means by that, but if he continues he's going to be hanging from the ceiling.

He shuts up after Ella says that and she looks back at me, "do you think I have something to do with my brother and dad wanting to kill y'all," she asks.

"I hope not," I say shrugging my shoulders.

I'm sick of the two people I love going back and forth. Liam and I came here for simple tasks, to successfully take the Rodriguez files, and to take down David.

None of those have been complete!

David is playing with my money and with my mafia by stealing and taking my goods.

Rodriguez has always been on the top of my target list.

"Okay, be like that then," Ella says walking towards me but I know she's aiming for the door. I step over in front of the door saying, "you're not leaving."

I can't let her leave when she doesn't have a car or home to go to and even if she did have those things she still isn't safe.

I know the games they play because I do them too.

They'll take someone you love and torture them until they get what they want. David wants money, drugs, and to have control over something other than his club.

"I don't want to fight with you, so let me go," she says fighting her calmness and crossing her arms.

I can tell she's just as stressed as I am just by the tensity in her eyes and her pressed lips.

"If you want to leave then we're leaving together," I lean down to her forehead kissing it before continuing, "and the last thing we're ever going to do is fight."

I don't argue with people unless it's my brother, he's the only person right now that can do no wrong in my eyes. That's the only reason I let him and Ella go back and forth to a certain extent.

Now with Ella, I know she doesn't have anyone in her life at the moment and I'm not going to give her the chance to say something that makes me walk out of it. How she talks to my brother and how she feels about her family is out of my control, all I can do is support her along the way.

But if she decides to go back to her father I won't be sleeping with her and I won't have any contact with her. I won't hurt her for breaking our contract and her brother is lucky Liam and I let his contract fly.

I'm focused on Lee Rodriguez and David Freeman, so I can leave Texas.

"Okay, can I at least get a kiss on the lips," she asks with an attitude.

"I'll give you anything you want, rose," I place my hands on her waist pulling her closer to me, " but only if you lose the attitude," I continue and she immediately smiles.