31

E L L A

"Do you," I ask putting my legs on King's lap.

I know I told King I was going to let the situation go with his mom, but he's told me before his mom is the number one woman in his life. Was it that easy for him to let her go over someone he just met a couple of months ago?

He massages my foot and says, "rose I don't care about your race. Yes my mom did say some questionable things growing up, but I never picked up on those," he pauses the movie we're watching before continuing, "I didn't know she was going to act like that with you because I thought she changed."

They don't change.

"Yeah, but you still brought me around her knowing she was once like that. I know what it's like to be looked at weird because my white grandmother did it all the time, but I've never had anything like that said to me."

"Rose, if I'm being 100% honest I see you in my future, and If I have to cut anyone out of my life to get you there that's what I'm going to do. No one is going to disrespect you like that and not suffer immediate consequences, I promise," he says sincerely.

If I'm being 100% honest I don't want to have a future with him if all of his family is like that.

"Is your dad racist," I tilt my head.

"Nope, my dad loves black women. I think the reason my mom is racist is because he cheated on her with a black woman, and don't tell anyone I told you this but he's been planning to leave my mom to be with her," he moves his hand up to my calf-muscle and we both laugh.

"Okay, what about Liam because he hates me," Liam gives me weird looks, and it got worst when he and my brother broke up.

"Liam stopped communicating with my mom when she said something about who he wants to be with, and he hasn't talked to her in years. That's why he didn't come to the party," he pulls me on his lap before continuing, "and Liam doesn't hate you. He hates me for being with you."

I lean down pressing my lips against King's and we slowly start making out, we leave smacks in between and make sure to take our time with it.

I pull away from the kiss feeling like I'm going to gag, "are you okay," King asks rubbing my back with his hand.

"Yeah, I just feel a little sick after eating," I get off of his lap standing in front of him.

He made me breakfast this morning despite him being a great cook I ate his bacon assuming it was turkey. I knew something was off, but I didn't want to seem rude and not eat it.

I don't eat pork.

But I've also felt lightheaded before eating, so maybe it's not the food.

"Do you want to cuddle and take a nap," he asks leaning forward and looking up at me, "or I can start a bubble bath for you," he stands up and now I'm looking up at him.

That all sounds so pleasing.

"Can we do both," I ask as he plants a kiss on my forehead?

He gently and slowly pulls away saying in a low tone, "yes," he then quickly pecks my lips before giving me ultimatums, "but only if you let me scrub your back."

He gives me another peck, "dry you."

Another one, "and after you're better I'll make real love to you," my face starts to feel hot and he ends it by saying, "my rose."

I hug him laying my head against his comforting chest and he wraps his arms around me. Taking in his addicting scent I wrap my arms around him as well, not wanting to pull away, "King can I tell you something," I ask getting a buster of courage.

"Of course my sweet girl," he rocks us back and forth and I laugh a little.

I take in a sharp breath before slowly releasing it, "I l-," the doorbell rings followed by knocks, and we let go of the hug, "I think we should get that," I laugh awkwardly and King brushes his thumb on my cheek.

I love you.

He looks at me like he's disappointed and gives me one kiss before walking to the door, I follow behind him, and when he opens it my eyes widen in shock.

Ezal.

"I'm going to give you two seconds to get off of my porch," King says with aggression and I lay my head against his back when I see the muscles in his arm tighten.

"Listen before you do anything, please," Ezal begs and I wrap my arms around King hoping that would stop him from doing anything when people could be watching.

His muscles did relax, but his tone didn't, "Listen to what? How you want to murder me after I did so much for your bitch ass."

King's back tightens again so I let go standing beside him instead, but not in the doorway.

"I appreciate that and that's why I'm here to help you," he does sound genuine, but I'm not sure if he's faking or not.

There's a strong chance he could be if he's been plotting on me with my dad all this time. Everything makes sense now actually.

The first time I broke up with Miro I told Ezal, and my dad knew the next day.

When I lost my virginity I told Ezal, and my dad took me to go get checked for diseases without an explanation.

And now I have a feeling he told my dad about King and me before we were on the trip, and waited for us to have sex to catch us.

I mean... he was right there when King pulled me into the room.

"Whatever you have to say you need to make it quick! My patience is running thin with you," I see King's fistball up and I get a little frightened by the sight.

Even though my brother has fucked over me I still feel love for him, I can't just let that go. I have to let it fade over time.

"I love my sister," my heart breaks when he says that and I feel my eyes starting to tear up. I want nothing more than to tell him I love him too.

"And I want to protect her life even if that means my dad disowning me," a tear escapes and I quickly wipe it.

"Alright, what's your point," King says unfazed by any of it.

"My dad is planning on shooting Ella tomorrow. I would throw her phone out because he knows what her next move is," he pauses for a second before continuing, "and Ella I know you're there. Just know I'll be protecting you."

His voice cracks and when King slams the door in his face I break down, tears stream down my face as I ugly cry, and King brings me into a tight hug, "I just want everything to be normal again," I cry with a few skips in between my sentence.

Nothing was ever normal.

S O C I A L SInstagram : @pultoewritesPinterest: @pultoeeTiktok: @pultoe

S O C I A L S
Instagram : @pultoewrites
Pinterest: @pultoee
Tiktok: @pultoe