12

E L L A

"Do you understand the plan, rose," King asks for the 99th time in the last hour. I told him I can handle it, I got it, and I already signed the stupid contract anyway.

"Yes hunny, I told you that a million times," we're in his office and he's putting a camera on me that blends in with my outfit, "you go and there and be confident. If anything happens we'll know, and kill every fucking body in that bitch," he places his hands on both sides of my head and leans down kissing me.

I am a little nervous because King has made it clear a multitude of times that some women die while doing stuff like this. I know it's simple and all I have to do is seduce him and shoot him up with some shit, but I am extremely nervous.

He pulls away from the kiss when we hear the door open. My brother walks in with King, and it's no secret King and I sleep together, but I don't want my dad to find out about us.

"No sex before the job, it was in your contract," King's brother, Liam, tells me and I roll my eyes.

He always has something to say and I'm honestly hoping he isn't 'the one' for my brother. I don't know if I can deal with any more annoying family.

My hands shake as I sit in the waiting room.

I have to remember I have King's protection and get over this trepidation if I want to make it in King's organization.

I take in a deep breath and someone taps my shoulder, turning my head the woman asks, "are you here for the interview," standing up I shake her hand saying, "yes, I am."

Suddenly my body cooled down and my mind went over everything King informed me to do and say, his voice is replying in my mind and my heart stops racing.

Once we're at the door I'm supposed to go in I see two humongous men standing on each side of the door. They nod at the woman and she says, "you'll be in here," she opens the door and the person sitting at the desk makes me reframe from going in.

Everything zoomed out and he slowly got out of his seat with a simpering look on his face. I know everything was in moderate timing, but everything was slow for me.

Miro, my abusive ex.

I snap out of it when he's in front of me, "Hey babe," he hugs me but I just stand there, "I missed you so much."

My eyes feel watery and I swallow hard.

I don't need this to distract me. King needs me to do this.

He releases the hug and I respond asking, "Hey, how have you been?"

I walk inside and when the woman closed the door my body jerked. He smiles weirdly at me and turns to walk to his seat, "good, come sit, this interview is going to be much more interesting than my others," I walk behind him sitting down in the seat across from him.

Miro is half Bulgarian and half white. Safe to say he's a bigger guy and very intact with his culture, no problem with that. He just beat me a lot during high school, and I broke up with him on my 18th birthday.

My dad hated me for it and would invite him over all the time.

When Miro was over at my dad's house I did have sex with him because I was still sexually attracted to him. I got pregnant and found out that when my mother took me to my doctor's check-up, she forced me to get an abortion, and right after it was done she called Miro.

She told him everything and he beat me so bad I was put in a hospital, it was a near-death experience and it took me years to get over everything.

I haven't talked to him since then because he stopped coming around- he went to prison.