Chapter 16

Kabanata 16

" Pasensiya na, natagalan ako sa trabaho ko ngayon. Kamusta ang bata? "

I stared at his face, tho he looked a bit older. I can still undeniably say that's him. Peter.

My lips parted for words that I would instinctively reply. " Ayos lang siya. Mabuti at maaga kang umuwi. Kainan na."
I said as I felt the weight of a child in my arms.

I looked at it's blurred face and felt in awe, then roamed my eyes inside the wooden house. A breeze of salty air passed by making the curtain dance and giving me a breath that felt like..paradise.

Peter smiled and went to kiss our baby's forehead. I smiled along with him, happy to make this come true.

Yes, this. This was then my vision of my future. Freedom, outside the mansion. Away from the lavish life I once lived, but that's okay. Because this life is more free, much better. And I have a family now too.

" Is she okay? " I heard him asked but his voice seemed a bit different. Perhaps, familiar.

Natulala ako saglit. " Huh? "

" Is she okay? "

Nagising ako sa boses na iyon. I roamed my eyes and realized I'm still actually in the hospital.

" Yes Mr. Austodillo, she's stable. Her menstruation went early, perhaps of the stress and reaction of the poison but we're sure she's okay now. In due time she'll recover and eat normally. "

" Alright. Then I would like some alone time with her for a bit. " I heard him say

I gazed at him as he nears and the others went out. I can't believe I'd almost die in his house without bodyguards.

It makes me think whether I lead a good life or that all I'm doing is leading myself to my death. Who would've poisoned me?
What am I asking anyway? Who else wants me dead?

It would be, either Stacey, or Arthur himself. He instructed the maids? I never thought he was capable, perhaps believed he was because he's oftentimes good at me

But, if it's him. Why take me to the hospital still? And, me dying inside the mansion would prove disadvantageous for him. People will question, moreover worst with his recent scandals. So it's not him.

Unless he is that bold.

Inalis ko ang tingin sa kanya at nilingon ang bintana. I wonder what's my dream all about? Is it to show me the life I should've regretted not following?

" How are you feeling? " he asked.

I stared outside, unmoving. " Fine. " I said.

He sighed. Then everything was silent, much to my pleasure. I wouldn't appreciate if he asked now.

The tube helped me to forget hunger.

" Are you comfortable here? Or will you be more relaxed somewhere else? I'm thinking you stay at my condo for the meanwhile, it's near my work. " he says after a long while.

Ngayon ay nilingon ko na siya. " Hindi sa bahay? " I asked a bit weakly.

He shifted uncomfortably. " The investigation is not yet done. "

" Did you..fire all the maids? " I asked because he seems like that kind of person.

" I didn't, I could do that to make all fast. Makakauwi ka ng mas madali." he says.

I sighed. " Just continue with the investigation, I'll follow what you asked." I said then I remembered something.

" Did you tell my father about this? " I asked.