Chapter 47

Kabanata 47

Natulala ako habang nakatingin sa mata niya. Trying to see if anything he says was a lie. To detect a deception and manipulation of his words.

Although, I don't think I had learned that after year of being married to him.

Maybe he's just a clear manipulative bastard.

" Why would I believe you? " I asked him coldly and I saw hurt flashed his eyes.

" I.." he struggled to speak.

Umiling ako. " I can't believe how much you turned to a sick asshole to even frame your brother Robert. Sa inyong dalawa ikaw ang pinakawalang puso. " I said, not believing an ounce of what he said.

He clenched his jaw and bowed.

Umiling ako. " I'm so disappointed of the man that you are Arthur. Now leave. " Tinuro ko ang pintuan. " This will be the last time you understand? Wag mo ulit ako subukan guluhin. " Malamig kong sabi.

He bit his lip and nodded in defeat. Tumayo siya, I was taken a back when he looked at me with tender eyes.

" Sorry, I promised. This will be the last time. " He says in recognition. " I won't disturb you anymore, I hope you be happy Isabella. Goodbye. " wika niya at hindi ko maintindihan bakit nakaramdam ako ng kirot.

I stared at him coldly and he went out of the office. Nang mawala siya ay natulala lang ako sa kawalan.

Finally..

I successfully pushed him away.

But why can't I feel elated? Like I expected.

His words played in my head again and I felt suddenly conflicted.

Robert?

I remembered his angelic smile, he could never be the one behind it all.

Problemado akong umupo.

All those years I had believed Arthur hated me for being married to him. He met Daphne and it was a trigger to him as he had met his love of his life, it was more convenient to get rid of me.

Mapait akong ngumisi, and he's telling me he did all that to protect me?

Bullshit.

Absolute bullshit.

Trusting him again would just be stepping on a mine bomb. I know that once I will let his force pull me, I'd end up way worse situation than before.

Peter was absent that day because he has business to attend to sa agri business niya sa Pilipinas.

I went to fetch my son, he was reluctant to go home as he was enjoying his friends company. They also had Rigby come, Lilith had let the dog because Erickson was interested.

I was too tired to argue with Archer but I could never rest until he's back home with me.

Buti at nakinig naman siya at bumalik na kami sa mansion.

" Mommy, can we bring them cake again? Eric loved the cake we brought! " He says to me as we drive.

I nodded. I had brought something over when I let my son stay in Lilith's villa. It's a common courtesy, either be fruits or anything and for Archer's idea. He wants the cake.

" Okay Archer. " I brushed his hair and he yawned. Ngumiti ako at mahinang natawa. I held him to pull close to me.
" Come here, you can rest. Mommy will wake you up at dinner. " Wika ko.

He nodded and hugged me as he try to fit himself in my embrace. " I love you mommy. " He says.

" I love you too baby. " I kissed his forehead.