Chapter 23

Kabanata 23

" Isabella please. " He begged as I pushed him away and stood up to get in the car myself. " Let me—" I pulled open the back seat of the car and stayed there.

He sighed and tried to open the backseat so I locked the door. I saw him shut his eyes hard then turned to seat on the driver's seat.

He glanced at me hesistantly and I gave him cold gaze. His eyes softened.

" I'm sorry. " He says.

Iniwas ko ang tingin at hindi siya sinagot.

" Are you hungry? Let's pass by some restaurant. " He says but I was unresponsive.

He drove and glanced at me every now and then but I focused my eyes on the side road. He stopped in a restaurant, I stayed inside stubbornly and he sighed and went out.

Iritable kong nilingon ang papalayo niyang bulto. Cheater! Once a cheater always a cheater talaga!

I sighed shakily, my eyes still stinging because of what I witnessed. I thought we're okay but wow! Who knew last night he might have fucked good with a woman and stayed up all night? Kaya umaga na dumating?

My heart squeezed painfully. All that caring image of him started to burn to ashes in my eyes. How could he..

I pursed my lip and thought. This is how they act huh?

They will act cold to you for you to think you made a mistake but little did you know they're the ones doing it behind you! The audacity! Siya pa galit non.

He came back with a paper bag of food, binigay niya iyon sa akin.

" Here, eat to regain your energy please. " He says.

Malamig ko siyang tinignan. " Shut up Arthur. " I said.

Natahimik siya at nilagay nalang ang bag sa kabilang seat. He drove.

" You didn't get your dinner? " He asked.
" Nagpadala ako kay Gustavo, did you take it? " He asked while we're driving.

Oh..how he could act like nothing is wrong.

I remained unresponsive until we arrived at the building. I went out first, shutting the door shut and he ran after me after getting the food he bought.

" Isabel...please. " He says.

I continued to walk until we arrived at the elevator. He caught up to me and awkwardly stood beside me.

" I'm sorry.." he says.

Hindi ko siya pinansin. Until we arrived at our floor then entered the condo.

He placed the paperbag in the table. I saw him gaze at the box in the table and he sighed.

" You didn't take your dinner? " He asked me.

" Shut up Arthur! Stop acting like you care! " I snapped and heavily advanced to the stairs.

I was pulled back again by the arm.

" Isabella please, I'm sorry. I didn't mean it..I was.." he uttered hesitantly.

Inalis ko ang kamay niya at hinarap siya.
" What?! You were what?! You were unsatisfied why you have to find other girls? You realized I can't give you enough why you think you can get it from others anyway?! " I screamed.

His lips parted and he shook his head.
" No.. it's not like that. " He gentle held my hand but I shook it away.

My tears started to well up again.
" I-I'm trying! Okay? Sinusubukan—"