Chapter 49

Kabanata 49

" I want to see him. " Arthur told me again after I was done with the meeting and he came to me.

Iritable ko siyang tinignan pero hindi siya sinagot at nagpatuloy sa pagkuha ng mga gamit ko para makauwi na.

" What does he like? Basketball? Guns? Cars? " He continued to annoy me.

Bumuga ako ng hininga saka hinarap siya. " My Archer isn't violent. " malamig kong sagot.

Hell I would let Archer touch a gun or even a play gun.

Ngumuso siya. " Cake then? " He asked.

I'm surprised he even remembered.

" That icecream cake like the last time? "

Pumikit ako ng mariin. " Don't even think I'll let you feed him. " Malamig kong sabi.
" Do you really think I trust you? After everything? " galit kong wika.

His jaw clenched then he sighed and his eyes softened at me. " Do you want to know something? " He asked.

" From you? Nevermind. " I walked passed him but he talked.

" Those nights when you believed I was sleeping with Daphne when you we're healing.." he trailed off and my foot stopped but I couldn't look at him. " I wait everynight when you'll finally sleep. Only then when I stood up from looking all day in my laptop then I went to our room. " Wika niya.

I felt something peirce in my heart. Because no matter what, I could just wish what he says is true..but no. Arthur is a liar. Manipulative one.

" I think and dread every night while I stare at your peaceful sleeping face Isabella. I sometimes want to forget everything and find myself desiring us to be back again like normally. It's what I think everytime I saw the hurt in your eyes but when I remember how you're sprawled unconscious on the floor bleeding, it just drove me to push you away and protect you even if my ways are crooked. " He says.

My eyes blurred, dahan dahan ko siyang nilingon at kita ko ang pagod sa mata niya.

" Stop lying Arthur. " my voice we're weak. " I passed out after the shooting, I was at my most vulnerable and you decided it was the best time to make me think..I am kidnapped. " may sakit sa boses ko.

I pressed my lips tight trying to control my tears. " When I heard you from the other line, talking to Daphne. I was filled with thoughts, bakit ako ang nandoon? Bakit ako ang nakidnap? You were with me. " My chest felt so heavy.

Arthur looked at me painfully. " I know that.." he says gently.

Umiling ako. " You don't know. I was so sure you left me to protect Daphne instead. You left me there, so vulnerable." Nanginginig ang boses ko.

Suminghap siya. " It was the best thing to do-"

" No! It was a b-betrayal in it's finest form!" galit kong sagot at tumulo ang luha. " A-And when I called, " my tears flowed more, " I heard your voice talking softly at her..asking her if she's okay. Assuring her everything will be fine..a-ako? A-Ayos lang? " Humikbi ako.

" Ayos lang? I was in enemies territory! T-They will want to kill me for your money! And when I c-called? " I wiped my tears away but they keep coming.
" Y-You found a replacement of me. That so easily. " Mapait akong ngumisi.

" You know that's not true. " Sagot niya na kita ko ang sakit sa mata niya.

Umiling ako. " Ofcourse it's not.." ngumisi ako. " Because no I wasn't kidnapped by a strange people, it was actually you. " Wika ko. " I-It was just you who wanted to get rid of me. Because you hate me, a-and good timing you found the girl you fell inlove to. "