Chapter 37

Kabanata 37

Because my dad was the biggest supporter of my pregnancy, he had the privilege to know the baby's gender and prepared a gender party of my baby.

It was just small, sa amin lang sa loob kasama ang mga maids na naging close ko at sumuporta sa pagbubuntis ko.

The mansion was filled with pink and blue balloons and some other decors.
We threw a small party, mostly cause my dad feared a sudden party accident if it ever will be a public and ofcourse..this was a secret.

I agreed with him actually and had told him beforehand I want only a party inside. Somehow the fear of anybody, specially the Austodillo knowing my pregnancy is still growing in me.

They will try to take custody even if there's only small chance of winning and ofcourse..any other dark means if they could which I know they could.

" It's a boy! " Dad exclaimed happily.

My lips parted in shock, I internally really wanted a baby boy and to my surprise.

Naluha na naman ako, oh god..these emotional hormones.

Papa hugged me proudly and lovingly. I hugged him back crying on his chest from every emotions.

The party ended peacefully and we took so many photos that dad kept.

" I'm glad it's a boy. " Dad told me once he visited my room at night.

I sighed and smiled. " Don't you want a grand daughter? " I asked.

He chuckled. " I want that too but you know, girls are too delicate. When your mom give birth to you, it was so delicate and a bit difficult. I'm proud of you anak but I don't want you to go through that pain more so alone.." his eyes saddened.

I bit my lip. " He's been healthy so far. " I said rubbing my belly. Wala akong problema sa pagbubuntis nito nung una hanggang ngayon. " Except he really kicks so hard Papa. " I complained and I earn a chuckle.

" That's good sign. " He rubbed my hair.
" This boy is our miracle..third for me cause the first and second is you and your mother. " He says gently.

I smiled then it faded. Papa loved mama so much, probably one of the reasons why I'm so romanticized. I wanted that kind of love. One that would conquer even after death.

" Mommy is so lucky to meet you. " I smiled and kissed his cheeks.

He chuckled. " She was so beautiful. I'm glad you took on her more than me. " He says. " Goodnight sweetheart. " He says softly and stood.

I yawned. " Goodnight Papa. " I said.

The day of my birth came, and while I wished I could laugh, I cant. My tears flowed as I screamed hard, it wasn't just pain of giving birth. It was pain in my heart too.

" Okay, good push! "

I heard the baby's cry and I dropped with a thud. Mixture of sweat and tears combined.

I couldn't close my eyes, not until I held my baby around me. And when I did, I stared at his cute angelic face and broke down.

Papa..

Papa died.

I cried and cried. I feel sorry for my son who's hearing me cry so much. Kapapanganak lang binigyan ko na agad ng mabigat na responsibilidad na makinig sa iyak ko.

But I can't help it.

Not when I remember Papa. Dad who was the only man in my life..my only relative..now gone.