17

E L L A

Waking up a get a strong chill down my spine.

It's so cold.

I reach over to my lap and it doesn't come on, so I get out of bed. The cold wooden tile sends a bigger shiver up my body.

The lights must be out.

When I walk out of my room it is a little warmer, but still on the cold side. It was dark until I made it to the living room.

Where my brother, Liam, and parents sat.

The room is so silent you could hear the wood sizzling in the fire and the cold breaths coming from everyone.

I don't feel right walking in there with them to sit because King isn't in there, and I don't want him to feel departed from everyone else.

I turn around walking back down the hallway, but I stop in my tracks when I hear, "I'm gay," from my brother.

Before my dad could say something he continues, "and Liam and I are engaged."

Engaged?! When did that happen?

I turn back around and walk into the hallway again, I guess they all sensed my presence because they turned around to look at me.

"Did you put this foolishness into my son," my dad screams and stands up pointing his finger towards me.

I'm not straight and I told my parents that when I was 15. I'm pansexual, and that's why my dad was so happy when I dated Miro. Because he was a man.

"I didn't put anything in his head," I point at my chest and pushed my eyebrows together, frustrated at his stupid question.

"Don't lie to me, bitch, my son dated women his whole life and you put that evil sin in his head," his tone lowers and my grandma always told me 'there's no hate like Christian love.'

She never control my dad's beliefs.

"She didn't push anything on me dad, I love Liam, and Liam loves me," he grabs Liam's hand and I stand there crossing my arms.

My dad looks like he's about to explode.

"If anything you've been pushing being straight on us, your lifestyle is boring and I don't need you anymore," my tone broke, but I quickly clear my throat.

He picks a full water bottle up and throws it at me, but I quickly move to the side, "you're crazy," I state.

"And I'm crazier," King's voice is right above me, "you don't talk to her like that. I don't give a damn what role you play in her life."

He walks over to the living room continuing to talk, "that's my woman and I don't even call her out her name, I will kill you and you know I would," he gets in my dad's face and his voice raises.

I know I've known King for a little bit, but I've never seen him this angry. His veins show more on his forearm and his back turns a little red as well.

"I created her, I have every right to speak to her that way," my dad yells as well, but not as loud as King.

King doesn't respond verbally, but he strikes my dad with his rigid palm right across the face.

My hands fly over my mouth and Liam grabs King pushing him back, and Ezal and mom hold back my dad. Everything goes silent on my end, but it's clear they're trying to get to each other.

My mom and Ezal drag my dad to a closed room and slams the door.

King and Liam went into the room King slept in to talk about something.