12 - Auto-Reset

Art Drawn By Me!

Unit 001 speaking: "It will look like this, hum..."

Unit 001 thinking: It will look like this.

Others who are NOT Unit 001 thinking: 'It will look like this.'

Unit 001's mainframe/AI: [It will look like this.]

═════════•°• ⚠ •°•═════════

Everywhere was dark, no matter where he turned. It was cold and lonely. He was floating in seemingly endless darkness. Aimlessly, listlessly, and without memory of why.

Who am I?

No matter how many times he asked, there was no answer. When he looked at himself, he could not recognize anything. His hands, his feet, his body, he could not understand anything he was seeing. It was nothing but gray, without color, without life.

What am I?

Again, he was met with silence. He simply continued to wander on, without a destination. Deeper and deeper did he fall into the darkness, his mind slowly withering away when suddenly he heard something.

'You can do it, kid!'

'Keep fighting!'

'Don't give up, Young One!'

Voices. He could hear voices coming from the opposite of where he was going.

Who are you?

ba.....thump...

He felt a strange warmth in his chest begin to rise.

'More power! Give it everything you got!'

'I-it's working, sir! There was a brief reading!'

In a sort of daze, he found himself going towards the voices. Instead of darkness, there was some sort of light there. It was warm and bright, so different from the nothing surrounding him.

'You better wake up, Tin Can!'

His eyes widened as his form began to regain shape in the darkness. He found himself pushing more, heading toward that voice within that strange and warm light faster than he was before.

I know you.

He knew that voice. Who did it belong to? Where did he know it?

Protocol One.

Yes. These words are familiar. That voice was familiar. He may not know his own name, or what he is, but he knew that voice, even just a bit.

With his voice came a face, ash-blond hair, and vermillion eyes. Memories of forming a plan to escape, memories of him getting that person to safety.

Faster and faster, with an urgency he didn't understand, he went forward.

I remember you.

...ba...

The one who gave him nicknames.

The one who gave him hope.

...thump...

His first human friend.

Bakugou, Katsuki.

...ba...Thump...