27 - Arrival

Art By Me!

Neo speaking: "It will look like this..." | Neo thinking: It will look like this. | Others who are NOT Neo thinking: 'It will look like this.' | AI speaking to Neo (in mind): [It will look like this.] | AI speaking to others: [It will look like this.] | Neo's Mainframe: {It will look like this.}

.

═════════•°• ⚠ •°•═════════

.

Today was the long-awaited day: The School Festival! Eri dressed up in her favorite outfit, while the Silvans dressed Neo up. He had said he didn't actually need clothes, as his outer armor functioned similarly, only a lot stronger.

But they insisted on dressing him up today. They seemed particularly excited to dress him up in clothes he had no idea they'd bought. In bulk loads. Kioku and Remedy were ecstatic to pick his outfit for the day. And when they learned of AI's apparent ability to take over his form, they were ecstatic! That meant they didn't have to pick and choose, everything was buyable as long as it was cute!

After hours of changing into different outfits, much to Neo's confusion and AI's strange delight, they decided on a blue overall. Neo felt weird with clothes on, he didn't need them. He shrugged, a new expression he'd learned, and continued recording everything in sight while tactfully staying behind his safe place (Eri).

They'd gotten there very early, before many people were present, to get them used to everything. Eri was doing a lot better than the adults thought she would, though this is most likely due to Lucio's constant presence and social demeanor rubbing off on her a bit. He was a very good adult to be around, morally sound, and great with children.

It was a hot debate on the proper safety measures for them both, especially after AI's consequential threat. Nothing could happen to Neo while he was here, and nothing could happen to his chosen "Amity", as they'd learned of. Thus the reason that there was a bit extra security than they'd originally planned for.

AI's only request was to keep the promises they'd made, though. That was something they intended to do regardless of her threat, but... if they could avoid making a powerful enemy by being extra careful, then that was that.

Class 1-A didn't know any of that though. They just knew that some special guest were coming and they needed to be extra careful around them. Aizawa enforced that fact into their skulls the day before.

Seeing him standing there, a few select students couldn't help but be a bit emotional.

"Is that...?"

"Yeah, it is..."

"Goodness..."

Iida, Todoroki, and Yaoyorozu. They stood in a daze as they watched the little bot hide behind Eri. They remembered seeing him on the news, and in Momo's case, she had been practically dragged to the hospital by Bakugou to help make the closest thing to his blood that she could.

The child had looked absolutely awful back then. Cold to the touch, and fissures of open wounds slowly healing. It had been a sight that made her cry, and when she told the others who'd asked (Iida, Todoroki, Midoriya, and Kirishima) they were left in the same state. With the help of Dr. Silvan's scan quirk and his wife's memory-sharing ability, she had thankfully been able to help.

That didn't mean that seeing him didn't leave a sour taste in her mouth. A Bitter feeling settled in their hearts in the weeks that followed knowing his state, knowing how close he'd been to not making it at all.